help with tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help with tribunal

rebeccaweeksart
rebeccaweeksart Community member Posts: 2 Listener
my daughter had her pip taken away and now we have to go to a tribunal. We live in weston super mare I am looking for help/ assistance an Advocate to speak for us. I was getting help from D.I.A.L they can not help us with the tribunal. neither can SEAP  im at a loss what to do.

Comments

• rebeccaweeksart
    rebeccaweeksart Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    my daughter had her pip taken away and now we have to go to a tribunal. We live in weston super mare I am looking for help/ assistance an Advocate to speak for us. I was getting help from D.I.A.L they can not help us with the tribunal. neither can SEAP  im at a loss what to do.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Some advice centres will represent for a Tribunal but even with representation they won't be able to speak for your daughter. If you are her appointee then you'll be able to speak on her behalf. If you're not then she will have to speak for herself. The panel will want to hear from her, how her conditions affect her.

This link will help to know if there's anything in your area https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rebeccaweeksart and a very warm welcome to the community!

@poppy123456 has given some great advice, I hope you find this helpful.

Here is some more information on the tribunal process which might help.

Please do let us know if we can do anything else. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.