PIP successfull first tribunal. Judge didn’t sign SOR before deadline. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP successfull first tribunal. Judge didn’t sign SOR before deadline.

Options
memyself
memyself Community member Posts: 4 Listener
As title says, the statement of reasons was sent back to the courts for a judge to sign. He had till last Friday to sign. He’s not signed, the court don’t know where this leaves me. I’m calling pip but I imagine it’ll be a run around without actual answers or flat out lie on time it’ll take again.

Is the first tribunals decision now applicable despite their attempt to intervene? Or can they still refuse to pay the back dated amount for this year + I’ve now been suffering due to incompetence from their assessor, who decided to create a new disorder from two I had on my long list of diagnosed issues, which completely changed how my ‘disability ‘ affected me.

they combined hyper mobility, and my emotionally unstable personality disorder (which was changed to mixed pd recently during this past year because I also have an incompetent psychiatrist, second opinion added new mh diagnosis/clarification on what I’ve been dealing with undiagnosed) she created hypermobile personality disorder. As I have heavy daily dissociation and identity issues (undiagnosed but under investigation symptoms where previously known as multiple personality disorder now DID) this isn’t diagnosed but not far from the disorder she made up. Disregarding my mobility issues from hyper mobility. I stressed the mobility issues explaining how I subluxation shoulders so struggled to lift plates to shelves, and cut things like pizza. She assessed me as being able to cook meals because I can cook a frozen pizza/ ready meals. I am not allowed near knives because sometimes with dissociation things can go bad. 

Anyway im waiting now for them to receive the unsigned SOR? Idk how this works? Will they back date or what?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Providing the Statement of reasons was requested before the 1 month deadline after the decision was made then HMCTS can take as long as they want to send it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • memyself
    memyself Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    It was requested, by dwp but not sent to judge for another two weeks, it’s been with the judge four weeks, the worker at the courts informed me it can take up to 6 weeks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no timescales for the SOR to be sent, they can take as long as they want. Once it's sent DWP then have 1 month to appeal but they can't do this without finding the error in law. They rarely appeal but do sometimes request the SOR. Backdated money can take 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.