Pip tribunal refused I'm done now — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal refused I'm done now

sarmitch
sarmitch Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I had a pip tribunal last week after hcp and dwp scored 0 points in assessment ,I have lupus sle , degenerative disk disease I have lost my hearing in one ear can't wear a hearing aid had many surgery's on it  ,heart problems ,aps blood cloting hc sidelock headaches all day,  from lupus it's affects my mobility all my joints my heart my lungs I have scaring on them I try to keep things together for my son but it's getting harder I applied for pips so I could get some independence back and contribute to my family and not feel like such a burden I realise that pip is not about what you have got but how it effects you I tried to put this I told them what I can and can't do I sent in medical evidence and in every bit of paper work they have accepted I have all these different things going on but they will not accept how it effects me I really do not know which way to turn ,I am under 7 different consultants each trying different things ,I feel like I'm done now I'm never getting any better I've lost so much to lupus and this benifit that supposed to help has made things so much worse 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, PIP is as you know is a benefit to help with your daily living activities and mobility abilities. To be awarded the benefit which is not about your disability, illnesses or medications you are prescribed. PIP is awarded using the criteria know as the descriptors, which look at your abilities to preform each descriptor repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner for most of your daily life.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once you receive this you need to find someone to see if there's an error in law. If no error in law is found then you won't be able to take this any further.

Having some understanding of the PIP descriptors, what they mean and the criteria does help. You can have a disability but not be entitled to PIP because if the descriptors don't fit you then you won't score any points for an award.

Sending evidence is good but it will depend what evidence you sent. Sending things that state a diagnosis, or letters from a GP who very often doesn't know how your conditions affect you aren't the best evidence to send.

A poorly presented case will often lead to a refusal, especially if you concentrated on any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the assessment report, instead of concentrating on how your conditions affect you.

PIP is about how you're affected at least 50% of time over a 12 month period.

Starting another claim using the same evidence you previously used will very likely see another refusal. If you do decide to start again in the future then maybe getting some face to face advice will be a good idea or do some research of your own. This way you'll have a better understanding of what it's all about.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sarmitch and a very warm welcome to the community.

How are you doing?
    Scope

• sarmitch
    sarmitch Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi thank you ,I'm feeling let down but just getting on with things like I always have thank you for asking 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that @sarmitch, please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.