No eesa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No eesa

Freecloud
Freecloud Community member Posts: 9 Connected

Hi all ,forgive a newbie as I've not done this before so apologies if I'm repeating old postsposts or similar. My eesa is due fortnightly & this coming Monday 26th ,however it's always paid two days earlier. As it's a bank holiday it should be paid two day early but, on checking my account ,it had not been paid in. I am full support eesa & disabled . Luckily I have some cash to tied me over but I'm worried about the lack of my payment . I've not received any letter, emails ,phone calls or texts stating that it's being stopped or reviewed so I can't understand why it's not available inin my account .I have just been accepted for PIP which won't start until October, but I don't think this has any bearing on the matter .Am I likely to receive my money tonight (Sunday) or tomo(bank holiday Monday ).This is worrying me so any help would id be grateful for to put my mind at rest .Many thanks in advance & regards. 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,613 Disability Gamechanger
    Payments aren't usually made on weekends & bank holidays in my experience.  It'll probably arrive Tuesday morning now.  If you have any direct debits that you're worried about, they won't get taken until Tuesday either.

If it hasn't arrived by Wednesday, you would have to contact them to ask why the payment has been missed.
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    Hi @Freecloud
    Usually payment is made the working day before a bank holiday, so that would have been Friday.
    Equally your bank could be slow in processing the payment. Neither of these situations help you as both organisations are closed until Tuesday, so nothing will change until Tuesday, check your account on Tuesday, to see if it’s cleared banking system, and if not call ESA 0800 169 0310 There are sometimes blips in the processing side, but they can rectify with a fast payment that day for you. Glad to hear you have funds to tied you over meanwhile.

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• Freecloud
    Payments aren't usually made on weekends & bank holidays in my experience.  It'll probably arrive Tuesday morning now.  If you have any direct debits that you're worried about, they won't get taken until Tuesday either.

If it hasn't arrived by Wednesday, you would have to contact them to ask why the payment has been missed.
    Many, many thanks for this, phew, it's what I need & I'll wait till Tuesday, thankyou & best regards to you. 
  • Freecloud
    buzzer said:
    Hi @Freecloud
    Usually payment is made the working day before a bank holiday, so that would have been Friday.
    Equally your bank could be slow in processing the payment. Neither of these situations help you as both organisations are closed until Tuesday, so nothing will change until Tuesday, check your account on Tuesday, to see if it’s cleared banking system, and if not call ESA 0800 169 0310 There are sometimes blips in the processing side, but they can rectify with a fast payment that day for you. Glad to hear you have funds to tied you over meanwhile.
    Many thanks indeed, never crossed my mind about slow processing as I've sort of become somewhat complacent in thinking 'they' are on time. I'll wait till Tuesday /Wednesday. Regards to you. 
  • Freecloud
    Well .... , I waited with baited breath for Tuesday to arrive & checked my account online ... ,still no eesa payment &, therefore, had to phone DWP this morning . It turns out that it wasn't paid as 'computer says NO' due to me being awarded pip & it was confused over the payment dates so got my eesa paid today at some point through 'chaps' .Many thanks to everyone who kindly responded to my first post . And thanks also to the poster who DID mention the above problem as being the possible cause of none payment .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,933 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, i thought that may have been the problem as it happens a lot when transferring from DLA to PIP because the silly computer picks up that you no longer receive a benefit, silly really. Sometimes they notice a problem and manually send payment but this obviously didn't happen with you. Gad you got it sorted now.

Just a warning also, this same problem may happen with housing benefit and council tax, if you receive them. Again the "computer" will think you no longer receive a benefit and DWP and local council do share information. This means that both benefits could be suspended. I'd give them a quick ring to check there's no problems.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Freecloud
    Many thanks poppy, I'll phone them today & explain everything as you advised, thanks again & regards to you, good luck. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Freecloud, how did you get on?
    Scope

• Freecloud
    Hi Chloe, all sorted thanks, the computer didn't recognise my benefit day/date & got mixed up but managed to get payment through 'chaps'. Thanks again, regards. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing! Glad to hear it!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.