When your children are young carers - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When your children are young carers

2»

Comments

• Busynan
    Busynan Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    My daughter has carers for her paid by Direct Payments but no support has yet been set up for any of the children and it is now two years since her stroke, which has been life changing for our whole family.
    I am at present investigating where to get child care in the mornings for the youngest as she gets dla.
    However the oldest boy as over 16 years is not considered a child, has lost his PIP payment and is being violent towards his brother. Who can I ask for help for him.?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Busynan,
    Sorry I've not spotted your message until now. How are you and your family getting on? Have you managed to find any other support for your grandchildren? It sounds like a tough situation for you all.

I wondered if you may have been in touch with Stroke Association as they may have some ideas for help you can get for both your daughter and her children, or at least signpost you in the direction of some additional resources.

Action for ChildrenYoung Minds and Honey Pot would be some good places for help for the children too.

I'm going to email you with an offer of additional support, so please keep an eye out!

Best wishes,
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Busynan
    Busynan Community member Posts: 13 Connected

Brightness