Pip letter and assessment letter - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip letter and assessment letter

124»

Comments

• sceneparade
    sceneparade Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    @poppy123456

Okay, thanks for the knowledge. It has been insightful and helpful.
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Wow read all those above comments and that is really confusing. I was sure UC was less than esa regardless. Also I was on sdp on JSA so I was eligible to claim ESA thankfully but if you arent on SDP within JSA then it is unlikely you will be able to claim ESA unless you are in an area with the old system. Will my ESA remain the same as it was if I am not placed into the support group?? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    kami24 said:
    Wow read all those above comments and that is really confusing. I was sure UC was less than esa regardless. Also I was on sdp on JSA so I was eligible to claim ESA thankfully but if you arent on SDP within JSA then it is unlikely you will be able to claim ESA unless you are in an area with the old system. Will my ESA remain the same as it was if I am not placed into the support group?? 
    Yes, you're ESA will remain the same if you're placed into the WRAG. It will stop completely if you're found fit for work and it will increase from the 14th week of your claim if placed into the Support Group. Support Group will pay an extra £55.35 per week, with the SDP included it will give you a total amount of £194.30 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sceneparade
    sceneparade Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    @poppy123456

£194 per week is a lot of money compared to UC. Its about £40 per week more, at least. 

So for new UCWRLA, it is, in fact, less than old system benefits for disabled people 
  • poppy123456
    @poppy123456

£194 per week is a lot of money compared to UC. Its about £40 per week more, at least. 

So for new UCWRLA, it is, in fact, less than old system benefits for disabled people 
    That because SDP is included in that calculation i made. Those claiming SDP now are unable to claim UC.

As you were never claiming SDP then for you if you're entitled to UC then claiming this, if placed into the Support Group will pay you more than claiming just New style ESA alone. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Do be aware though that New style ESA is only paid for 365 days unless placed into the Support Group and then it's paid for as long as you remain in that group.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.