Strange HP report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Strange HP report

Options
jordiethebear
jordiethebear Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hello there everyone.

I have been on PIP for a number of years now on only standard daily living. I have recently gone to my assessment as my review came about. I have just received my assessors report before my decision, I managed to get it 2 days after the assessment at super quick speed. Although my assessor write everything down, the medications I take, what my mental health prohibits me from doing with a few mental health reports from psychologists and psychiatrists, I assume my decision will be 0 points on everything because of the report gives no recommendations for anything.  She's put the same reason in every single box from a very selective line in one of my reports. Saying that the day after the assessment, I had an appointment with the psychosis early intervention team the next day but no on going treatment which is completely untrue, she also put another selected line from an online psychiatrists appointment I had over skype because I find it psychologically overwhelming to leave the house with my mental state, she put that I engaged in my online appointment quickly and with good rapport because the report stated it (baring it mind it was online and chat only to a professional I knew) , even though she said I struggled to get my words out at times in the assessment and was anxious at the assessment.  I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do at this stage before I get my decision, I'm quite worried about what's going to happen because my ESA renew is happening at the same time also and I could be left with nothing. There's no reasoning for anything in any of the boxes, just the same thing over and over again.

I'm very confused. What could possibly happen? I know I can go through the MR process after and then the tribunal but if there's someone something I can do from now till the decision to counter the decision of the paramedic which ignored all the reports from my professors of psychiatry and wrote a few selective lines.  .

Thank you for reading this, It's my first time on here! 

Comments

• jordiethebear
    jordiethebear Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    Hello there everyone.

I have been on PIP for a number of years now on only standard daily living after having my rate lowered from standarde mobility and highly rate daily living. I have recently gone to my assessment as my review came about. I have just received my assessors report before my decision, I managed to get it 2 days after the assessment at super quick speed. Although my assessor writes everything down, the medications I take, what my mental health prohibits me from doing with a few mental health reports from psychologists and psychiatrists, I assume my decision will be 0 points on everything because of the report gives no recommendations for anything.  She's put the same reason in every single box from a very selective line in one of my reports. Saying that the day after the assessment, I had an appointment with the psychosis early intervention team the next day but no on going treatment which is completely untrue, she also put another selected line from an online psychiatrists appointment I had over skype because I find it psychologically overwhelming to leave the house with my mental state, she put that I engaged in my online appointment quickly and with good rapport because the report stated it (baring it mind it was online and chat only to a professional I knew) , even though she said I struggled to get my words out at times in the assessment and was anxious at the assessment.  I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do at this stage before I get my decision, I'm quite worried about what's going to happen because my ESA renew is happening at the same time also and I could be left with nothing. There's no reasoning for anything in any of the boxes, just the same thing over and over again.

I'm very confused. What could possibly happen? I know I can go through the MR process after and then the tribunal but if there's someone something I can do from now till the decision to counter the decision of the paramedic which ignored all the reports from my professors of psychiatry and wrote a few selective lines. 

Just to let everyone know just encase it helps, I'm on 300mg a day of quetiapine and have been for over 12 months, 100mg daily of sertraline and 25mg every few days of fenigan to help me sleep when I have nights which I can't stop clawing my skin and to stop me itching. I don't understand why I wouldn't have at least gotten 1 point for the fact I have reports stating I don't manage my own medication, I even brought something with me with them written down so I could look at them so I didn't forget. Even though she used this against me and said I remembered them all.

Thank you for reading this, It's my first time on here! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm assuming that you've checked the dots against the activities to see what score is recommended, if anything and there's a dot against all the A's? If so then you're right this would be a recommendation of zero points which is no award. If you haven't cehcked them them use the PIP descriptors or self test to see what's recommended. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

They usually go with the report, it's very rare to go against it but you will have to wait for a decision.

You could try to ring DWP to speak to a case manager/decision maker but it's unlikely at this stage that anything will be done because as i said they rely heavily on the report.

My advice is to start to write the MR letter so you have it ready to send once the decision is made. Concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why, adding a couple of examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

Sending relevant evidence with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do bare in mind that most MR decisions remain the same so you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are long in most areas and some are waiting as long as 1 year for a hearing date.

Speak to a local advice centre for help and face to face advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jordiethebear and welcome to the community!

Is there anything else we can support you with?

Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.