No eesa payment?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No eesa payment??

Freecloud
Freecloud Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi, I'm new here & a newbie at this sort of thing so apologies if I'm repeating old 'stuff'. It's regarding my EESA payments ,which are normally paid two days before the due date. In this case ,being due on Monday 26th 2019, this day also is a Bank holiday &,therefore, my money should be available on the Saturday 24th . I am on full support & disabled. I've not received any letters ,phone calls, emails or texts to advise me of my money being stopped or revieved for any reasons at all. Luckily, I had some available cash to tied me over but this is worrying me as it's never happened before . Does anyone know if there's a delay in payments for any reason & is it likely they'll make a payment tonight (Sunday ) or tomorrow ,which is 26th Bank holiday. Many thanks for help & replies . Incidently ,I have just been awarded PIP which is due to commence in October so I shouldn't think this has any bearing on the matter, but felt I should mention it to keep you in the full picture .Again ,many thanks to anyone if you can put my mind at rest .Regards to all. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As it’s a bank holiday then payment should have been received the Friday before, rather than the Saturday. The reason you usually receive payment on Saturday is because your bank processes it earlier, some banks still do this.

As tomorrow is a bank holiday then it’s very unlikely that you will receive payment today or tomorrow.

My guess is that your DLA award ending and PIP Being awarded it’s caused your ESA to temporarily be suspended, which can happen but is nothing to worry about.

Im afraid you’re going to have to wait until Tuesday morning to ring DWP to ask why you haven’t received your money. You can ask for a same day payment and they will make payment on that day for you to receive it in your bank. They open at 8 and I always find this the best time to ring them but it can still take an hour for them to answer because they can get very busy at times. Thankfully it’s a free number to ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Freecloud
    Many thanks poppy, don't understand why it should interfere with dla/pip, especially as it's not 'rolling' over until October, however, I'll take on-board your possible explanation & look forward (not) to phoning them on Tuesday. Regards & best wishes to you .
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Freecloud, did you manage to get through to them today? I really hope this can be sorted soon!
    Scope

• Freecloud
    Many thanks Chloe, yes I did, only waited forty nine minutes so not too bad really. It was due to the fact that I'd been awarded pip & the system 'assumed' another payment date as my pip would be paid on another date & it confused the whole issue. Thankfully the operator at the call centre managed to arrange almost immediate payment via 'chaps'. Thanks again for you concern. I was beginning to worry that I was another 'Daniel Blake' (if you're familiar with that film, if not, I recommend you watch it). Best wishes to you. ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's amazing @Freecloud! I'm so glad it could be resolved quickly!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.