I'm now waiting for a Tribunal date. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm now waiting for a Tribunal date.

Lizzi73
Lizzi73 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello there!
 I'm Lizzi, and I'm very new. Long story short, I've got Severe Asthma (but it used to be called Brittle), Diabetes, OSA, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease etc etc ?. I was on DLA from 96-2018, applied for PIP, but got rejected. I'm now waiting for a Tribunal date...which I'm absolutely dreading.
 I hope that everyone is as well as can be. I'm looking forward to seeing the other topics and threads.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Lizzi73   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please have a look around our website.

We are friendly. 

Please ask if we can help with any thing. Some one will know a member of our community or a member of our team.

Wish you the best for your tribunal. 

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Lizzi73
    Thank you so much for your reply @thespiceman! Actually there was something I would like to ask, if that's ok with you?
     I have been looking at some of the other members posts, and in the replies it mentions "descriptors" for PIP. Do you know where I might find them? 
    I cannot believe that I never knew that this type of support (or even the website) existed!
    Many thanks again, I'm truly grateful to you.
    Lizzi.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Lizzi73 welcome to the community.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Lizzi73 and welcome to the community. :smile:
    You can find the PIP descriptors here. I hope that helps!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lizzi73 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thanks for sharing with us.  I hope you enjoy your time on here and I look forward to seeing you around.  If there is anything else we can help you with at all then please just ask.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lizzy73

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I am also one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I have just been through my “pip journey”

Yes it’s best to know about the “Descriptors” before you attempt to fill out the form’s.

Please please let me know if you need any help with this ??????

@steve51
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hello @Lizzi73   Thank you for the reply.

My friend @ilovecats has given some relevant information.

Please may I suggest make some notes or down load anything relevant to your tribunal or any benefits.

Keep these as a reference guide.  Always useful.

Just an idea for you.

So you know what to expect.  It can be an lot of anxiety, confusion a difficult time.

Please keep in touch if we can help with anything further.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Lizzi73
    Hi everyone!
     I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to reply sooner but I had to sell my phone so I could get my brother to get an old banger so he could pick up my child. But at least I have finally had my Tribunal and I was in the actual hearing room for less than 5 minutes! Thankfully, I won my case but I wasn’t able to be represented by anyone (but it would be a waste of their time and energy because I wasn’t asked any questions!)
     It only leaves me with one question: Why did it take such a short amount of time to decide my award when the DWP declined my DLA-PIP and subsequent MR?
    If I didn’t laugh about it, I would cry! ?
    I only hope that they don’t appeal the decision now. I’m really hoping that it’ll all be over and done with after 13 months...
    Lizzi.
  • OSCAR1
    OSCAR1 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Hi lizzie73 I had the same thing been on pip for 8 years and always on high rate for mobility then 2 years ago put on lower rate but condition  had got worse I appealed M. R. waste of time took to tribunal after waiting 56 weeks I was in there 5 mins the tribunal couldn't believe I was brought before them got higher rate for both parts for hopefully 7 years

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.