PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

What does this mean?

RobMcRobMc Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hey 

I'm new here and was looking for answers. I've been told by my support worker that the assessor for my PIP claim told her I would not need to go for an assessment due to the fact they think it will be too distressing for me. What should I expect? What should I prepare for?

Thank you

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If no face to face assessment is needed it means they have enough information to do a paper based assessment. I'm assuming that the health assessment provider has spoken to your support worker? If so then there's nothing to prepare for because a report will be written and returned to DWP and then a decision will be made on your claim.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • RobMcRobMc Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Yeah, that's how they came to the decision I didn't have to go for an assessment, was just wondering if its looking good for my claim or if they are just going to deny me
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RobMc

Welcome to the community! For the vast majority of people, a face to face assessment is given. A paper based assessment would suggest that they have sufficient evidence to make a decision, as well as it being too stressful for yourself.

I hope it is a positive outcome for yourself and please do let me know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Thank you :) and I will do
    Well in my case, my support worker said that I should get at least 2 points in each category for daily living and enough points to get standard mobility, plus she wrote a letter supporting as did my psychiatric nurse 
    Sorry for a late update guys, but I was awarded enhanced rate daily living until 2022 and standard rate mobility until 2022 :) 
  • JurphJurph Member Posts: 346 Pioneering
Sign in or join us to comment.