What does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does this mean?

RobMc
RobMc Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hey 

I'm new here and was looking for answers. I've been told by my support worker that the assessor for my PIP claim told her I would not need to go for an assessment due to the fact they think it will be too distressing for me. What should I expect? What should I prepare for?

Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If no face to face assessment is needed it means they have enough information to do a paper based assessment. I'm assuming that the health assessment provider has spoken to your support worker? If so then there's nothing to prepare for because a report will be written and returned to DWP and then a decision will be made on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RobMc
    Yeah, that's how they came to the decision I didn't have to go for an assessment, was just wondering if its looking good for my claim or if they are just going to deny me
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RobMc

Welcome to the community! For the vast majority of people, a face to face assessment is given. A paper based assessment would suggest that they have sufficient evidence to make a decision, as well as it being too stressful for yourself.

I hope it is a positive outcome for yourself and please do let me know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

• RobMc
    Thank you :) and I will do
  • RobMc
    Well in my case, my support worker said that I should get at least 2 points in each category for daily living and enough points to get standard mobility, plus she wrote a letter supporting as did my psychiatric nurse 
  • RobMc
    Sorry for a late update guys, but I was awarded enhanced rate daily living until 2022 and standard rate mobility until 2022 :) 
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.