Dressing and undressing - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dressing and undressing

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Why can't you score C or D? Not that it makes any difference because b/c and d score the same for activity 6.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • riget
    riget Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    Why can't you score C or D? Not that it makes any difference because b/c and d score the same.
    We're talking moving around now.
  • poppy123456
    Ah right, thanks. For the mobility what @ilovecats said is correct, you only have to stand with one biological foot on the ground.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • riget
    No she was not correct for the reasons I said above. 
  • riget
    ilovecats said:
    riget said:
    No she was not correct for the reasons I said above. 
    She is definitely correct. You cannot score a C you are right 
    So you are definitly not correct.

I could not score D, why do you think it's worded different from the others? 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2019
    D isn't worded any different. What makes you think it's worded differently?

Descriptor A (0 points): Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided

Descriptor B (4 points): Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided

Descriptor C (8 points): Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres

Within the assessment criteria, the ability to perform an activity ‘unaided’ means without either the use of aids or appliances; or help from another person.

For example, this would include people who can stand and move more than 20 metres but no further than 50 metres, without needing to rely on an aid or appliance such as a walking stick, or help from another person.

Descriptor D (10 points): Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres

Descriptor E (12 points): Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided

Descriptor F (12 points): Cannot, either aided or unaided:
    i. stand; or
    ii. move more than 1 metre

• riget
    OMG 
    either aided or unaided
    using an aid or appliance

• poppy123456
    a prosthesis is considered an appliance, so @ilovecats is correct.
  • poppy123456
  • riget
    I don't need to understand anything, 

lovecats is incorrect.
  • poppy123456
    Why is ilovecats incorrect?
  • poppy123456

This activity should be judged in relation to a type of surface normally expected out of doors, such as pavements on the flat and includes the consideration of kerbs.

Standing’ means to stand upright with at least one biological foot on the ground or without suitable aids and appliances (note – a prosthesis is considered an appliance, so a claimant with a unilateral prosthetic leg may be able to stand, whereas a bilateral lower limb amputee would be unable to stand under this definition).

‘Stand and then move’ requires an individual to stand and then move independently while remaining standing. It does not include a claimant who stands and then transfers into a wheelchair or similar device. Individuals who require a wheelchair or similar device to move a distance should not be considered able to stand and move that distance.

• riget
    Why do you go from one post to another?

lovecats said you only need one leg to score A-E but you can't score C that she/he later admitted but still didn't believe she/he was incorrect. 
  • riget
    ilovecats said:
    C does not apply to you. All the others do. A, B, D & E could. 

I assure you I know the criteria and how to apply it very well.
    So why is D worded differently?
  • riget
    Haha only D has that phrase.
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2019
    No it doesn't C is the only one that doesn't include it. Please read what it says in my above post in bold.... I'll copy it here again for you.

Within the assessment criteria, the ability to perform an activity ‘unaided’ means without either the use of aids or appliances; or help from another person.

• riget
    poppy you need to read it again, you don't seem able to grasp the wording.

You don't need to link to anything I can read.
  • poppy123456
    I fully understand the PIP descriptors thanks. Having given you all the advice available, i'm also out.
  • riget
    So with all your knowledge neither can say why D is worded differently.

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @riget why are you so rude to people trying to help you?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.