ESA3(IBR) + Savings/Proof and What happens afterwards? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3(IBR) + Savings/Proof and What happens afterwards?

Options
13»

Comments

• wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    Options
    Sorry, fortunate is a poor choice of word but you get what I meant.
    I'm not sure I do? The underpayment is not a 'gift'?
  • wild_one
    Options
    So, today i notice an extra £3264 in my bank account from DWP. So my underpayment journey could be over, once the inevitable brown envelope arrives? Just over four months of 'processing' in my case.
  • Stoke39
    Stoke39 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I'm pleased you finally got the money you rightfully deserve. The waiting paid off in the end 
  • Deanno84
    Deanno84 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    wild_one said:
    So, today i notice an extra £3264 in my bank account from DWP. So my underpayment journey could be over, once the inevitable brown envelope arrives? Just over four months of 'processing' in my case.
    That's great news, I also received a phone call from someone from the process team on the exact date my 12 weeks was up to say my claim was successful and they were calculating from march 2012 up to present date and it should be in my account by end of the week and to look out for a letter in the post. Happy Days.
     Also if you were receiving the Daily living component PIP or DLA care component at middle or high rate on the dates you should of been on IR esa instead of CB esa you may have also been missing out on the Severe Disability Premium which is about £64 a week. Definitely worth checking out
  • wild_one
    Options
    Deanno84 said:
    wild_one said:
    That's great news, I also received a phone call from someone from the process team on the exact date my 12 weeks was up to say my claim was successful and they were calculating from march 2012 up to present date and it should be in my account by end of the week and to look out for a letter in the post. Happy Days.
     Also if you were receiving the Daily living component PIP or DLA care component at middle or high rate on the dates you should of been on IR esa instead of CB esa you may have also been missing out on the Severe Disability Premium which is about £64 a week. Definitely worth checking out
    Although before you go out celebrating with a lamborghini it might be prudent to keep some back to cover the hard times migrating to UC!
  • wild_one
    Options
    So, the ominous brown envelope from DWP arrived today. Containing one letter telling me they'd sent the money. No breakdown of how they calculated that amount. No explanation of what its for? Just "we've paid you this?"
  • SC83
    SC83 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hello there, I received a letter to say that maybe I will be due backdated money from when I was transferred over from Incapacity Benefit to ESA in 2012. It was definitely contribution based judging by the figures I've seen. My question is on the ESA3(IBR) form it says that the period is between 2012/13. Is it possible though that underpayment could have continued? I ask because I don't think I was transferred to income based until 2016? Has this been the case for anybody else?
  • wild_one
    Options
    SC83 said:
    Hello there, I received a letter to say that maybe I will be due backdated money from when I was transferred over from Incapacity Benefit to ESA in 2012. It was definitely contribution based judging by the figures I've seen. My question is on the ESA3(IBR) form it says that the period is between 2012/13. Is it possible though that underpayment could have continued? I ask because I don't think I was transferred to income based until 2016? Has this been the case for anybody else?
    Was you always in the 'support' group?
  • wild_one
    Options
    .... and today another brown DWP envelope arrived. A three page letter explaining that as a result of my ib3 form I was entitled to IR ESA and that they had included a breakdown of how the backdated amount was calculated. But, they still haven't actually included it. I wonder if there'll be another brown envelope next week with the actual calculation?
  • SC83
    SC83 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    wild_one said:
    SC83 said:
    Was you always in the 'support' group?
    Yes my circumstances have never changed from then to now so I assume so.
  • Chaoticmess
    Chaoticmess Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hey, OP here.

Just thought I'd make a post to say i just got my results letter.

I ended up sending them online printouts of my bank and ISA statements from 2012+ just after mid Nov last year and received the letter this morning.

Rather pleased as they calculated my due amount to be just over £3500.

I received a detailed breakdown of how they calculated it as well, which was nice.

So in the end it took around 18-19 weeks from the time i sent it to get processed and it seems sending them online printouts of my bank statements was fine after all.

Thanks for the help.

• PaddythePogue
    PaddythePogue Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Re ESA arrears; please help ; a previous post stated ;  "The form requested information for the dates between April 2012 and May 2016. During that period I had no savings & no partner." My situation is the same EXCEPT I was only asked about the period OCT 2012- OCT 2013. Does THIS MEAN i WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED FOR arrears relating to that 52 week period - meaning my MAX PAYOUT WILL BE £52 X £15 [OR £16.4, or WHATEVER THE enhanced  PREMIUM WAS AT THE TIME ?]  
  • wild_one
    Options
    Re ESA arrears; please help ; a previous post stated ;  "The form requested information for the dates between April 2012 and May 2016. During that period I had no savings & no partner." My situation is the same EXCEPT I was only asked about the period OCT 2012- OCT 2013. Does THIS MEAN i WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED FOR arrears relating to that 52 week period - meaning my MAX PAYOUT WILL BE £52 X £15 [OR £16.4, or WHATEVER THE enhanced  PREMIUM WAS AT THE TIME ?]  
    Just give them what they need and send it off ASAP?
  • milton
    milton Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Richard60 said:
    An inheritance was paid to my brother who is in receipt of CB ESA. However due to my brothers severe mental condition he has never had a bank account and so his benefits and inheritance is paid into an account which is in my name. The DWP have appointed me to receive his benefits. Will I have to provide statements for this account if asked to do so by the DWP in order to complete the ESA3(IRB) form.
    similar position . how did you get on please ?if you dont mind me asking
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    milton said:
    Richard60 said:
    An inheritance was paid to my brother who is in receipt of CB ESA. However due to my brothers severe mental condition he has never had a bank account and so his benefits and inheritance is paid into an account which is in my name. The DWP have appointed me to receive his benefits. Will I have to provide statements for this account if asked to do so by the DWP in order to complete the ESA3(IRB) form.
    similar position . how did you get on please ?if you dont mind me asking
    If you are an appointee for someone then DWP will know this because they will have your bank details for the persons money to go into and it won't be counted as your money because DWP will already know it's not and there will also be a NI number next to each payment from DWP, which proves it's not yours.

You'll still need to send bank statements for all your accounts if DWP ask for them for the IB to ESA underpayments though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.