PIP f2f at home - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP f2f at home

Comments

• Saffy
    Saffy Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
    @pollyanna1052
    Thank you so much, I appreciate all the support.
    I'm spending this evening just reading through notes I've made to refresh my memory even though I know I'll forget it all by tomorrow, sigh!
    She/he is coming between 11 and 1, so sometime midday. I really hope it's early, I'll be even more nervous if I'm kept waiting.
    Of course I'll let you all know how it goes, although even if I think it went well, that doesn't guarantee anything. Might get a right misery like Victor Meldrew!!!

• Saffy
    Well, had my assessment. Due between 11 - 1 and he arrived with just 10 minutes to spare. Was gone by 1.40, so took just 50mins.
    I mentioned about my benefits advisor filling in my claims form with only the scantest of information, but he just said he had asked all the necessary questions to be able to complete his report. 
    I don't know what to make of it when he said he had everything he needed and I'd be ok. I asked what that meant and he said 'you don't need to worry, you'll be fine'.
    Not sure if that was a genuine thumbs up, or his normal parting shot to everyone. Pleasant enough guy though. A mental health professional.
    I'm so glad it's over though. Much easier than expected but don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

• JulieTuesday
    JulieTuesday Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    You sound like I felt after my F2F at home, I'm pleased for you that it's over.  You will start to remember all manner of things now I expect, what can we do once it's done, just wait and see.  Good Luck.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for letting us know how it went Saffy. Sounds ok, but we can never tell, but fingers crossed for a good outcome.

I said mine is in 2 weeks....it`s not...it`s next Thursday..5th...eeekkk!
    xxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    They are not supposed to say anything to you regarding any outcome because it's not for them to decide. My advice is wait a week and request the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Saffy
    Thanks for letting us know how it went Saffy. Sounds ok, but we can never tell, but fingers crossed for a good outcome.

I said mine is in 2 weeks....it`s not...it`s next Thursday..5th...eeekkk!
    xxx
    I know, but think of it another way. That's one week less of stress and anxiety to go through. Hope it all goes smoothly for you with the outcome you hope for.:D

• Saffy
    They are not supposed to say anything to you regarding any outcome because it's not for them to decide. My advice is wait a week and request the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be.

Good luck.
    Thanks Poppy, that's kinda what I thought. I suppose he could have been indicating he'd write a helpful report for me, but I know it's out of his hands once he sends that in. I expect he says something similar to everyone. 
    I'm already looking at a MR and an inevitable appeal. My glass half empty approach make me expect the worst, and anything better is a bonus. 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Saffy, I'm glad it was easier than you expected! Will you be requesting a copy of the assessment report next week? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Saffy
    Hi @Saffy, I'm glad it was easier than you expected! Will you be requesting a copy of the assessment report next week? 
    Thanks Adrian, yes I think I will, if for no other reason than to see if the assessors comment, 'you don't need to worry, you'll be fine' actually meant anything positive for me.
    In the report copy, how will I be able to tell if it's good or bad news?
    I meant to ask him how long I would have to wait for a decision, but in my relief it was over, I forgot!!!
    I've asked at my surgery for access to my medical records, just in case I need evidence to support an appeal. I thought they would just give me a password (after establishing my ID) so I could check them online. But apparently they don't have that system available (probably too expensive to update), and said it would take about 4 weeks to get my records. Have you any idea what form my records will be available to me in? The receptionist didn't seem to know.

• poppy123456
    In report there will be dots against descriptors you should copy those into the PIP self test and at the end you'll be able to see what points, if any were recommended. Usually they go with the report.

The HCP would most likely have told you what they tell everyone for timescales....6-8 weeks but it's nothing more than a guide.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Saffy, I'm glad the assessment wasn't as bad as you thought and I hope the report reflects how you think it went. :)
    Scope

• Saffy
    Update. 
    Had a text to say DWP have received the report, so just phoned to ask for a copy. They said it could take up to 2 weeks but probably sooner.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Scope

• Saffy
    @pollyanna1052
    Good luck for Thursday, I'll be thinking of you. Saffy
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @pollyanna1052! Keep us updated. 
  • Saffy
    In report there will be dots against descriptors you should copy those into the PIP self test and at the end you'll be able to see what points, if any were recommended. Usually they go with the report.

The HCP would most likely have told you what they tell everyone for timescales....6-8 weeks but it's nothing more than a guide.

Hi @poppy123456 , could you please tell me if there is a link to the PIP self test you mention? I want to look through it before my report copy arrives. Thanks, Saffy.
  • poppy123456
    Not one of my favourite links but here you go. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Saffy, how did you get on with the self test? It's important to be critical and ensure you understand the descriptors as it's quite common for people to mark themselves higher than an assessor might. Hopefully your report will arrive quickly so you can get a rough idea of what has been recommended. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Saffy
    Not one of my favourite links but here you go. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Oh, why what's wrong with it. Is there a better one?
  • Saffy
    Hi @Saffy, how did you get on with the self test? It's important to be critical and ensure you understand the descriptors as it's quite common for people to mark themselves higher than an assessor might. Hopefully your report will arrive quickly so you can get a rough idea of what has been recommended. :)
    I think it would be wrong to get too optimistic on my own testing, as you point out, the assessor might not be so generous. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.