Correspondence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Correspondence

cath33
cath33 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
A friend of mine has her pip assessment a week after i had mine, she has received both a letter & a text to say they have received her report and they have all the evidence they need to make a decision on her claim, I haven't received anything like that, should I be concerned. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cath33, I can understand the concern around this but it should be okay. Those texts and letters are automated so could be triggered after they have had your report for a while. Also, the time frame in different areas can differ a lot.

A week after your assessment, you are able to ring up and request a copy of your report. This will show you what the assessor has written and what points they have recommended. It is very rare that the decision maker goes against this, so it will give you a good indication about what award to expect.
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    No nothing to worry yourself about, you can phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment report then you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from the DWP and good luck
  • cath33
    Thanks for the replies 
  • Chloe_Scope
    No problem! I hope you here from them soon!
    Scope

• cath33
    Just off the phone with pip to request a copy of my report, they haven't received it yet from capita, my assessment was on the 1st of august, is that usual?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Sometimes reports take longer to be sent back especially if they are sent to audit, if this happens it can considerably delay the process. Give the heath assessment providers a ring and ask, if the report is in audit they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cath33
    The lady said to ring back on Friday and they should have it by then, if the don t then I will ring capita, so is the audit for the assessor and I'm just the unfortunate case they chose 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's for the HCP. I've had 2 audits happen to me and the 2nd one was there for almost 6 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @cath33, I understand how frustrating this is and I hope you don't have to wait much longer to get the report! 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.