Wca lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wca lcwra

itsJustJosh
itsJustJosh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i am just wondering i have been handing sick notes in for 3 months now nearly 4 months due to my mental health i was just wondering if i have to fill a form out for wca or lcwra or anything to get it, or would i get it automatically?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to ask your case manager to refer you for the WCA, if it hasn't already been done. Once this is done you'll receive the WCA forrm that will need to be filled in and returned with all your evidence.

Then you'll most likely have to attend a face to face assessment because most people have them. After this a report will be returned to DWP and a decision maker will decide which group if any you'll be placed into. It can either be LCWRA, LCW or fit for work. If it's LCWRA then you'll receive an extra £336 per month from the 4th month after you sent in your first sick note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @itsJustJosh and a very warm welcome to the community! I hope this is a smooth process for you, but please do be in touch if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @itsJustJosh. Just to reiterate what Poppy has said, they are supposed to refer you for a work capability assessment after 29 days of handing in fit notes from your GP. However, in practice this doesn't always happen and you may need to give your case manager a call and ask to be referred. Best of luck! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.