As the kids go back to school, this little girl looks worse for wear! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

As the kids go back to school, this little girl looks worse for wear!

Options
Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
It's been a long 6 weeks for some parents and this week sees kids heading back to school. But this little girl looked worse for wear after her first day!

My youngest son has started year 10 today and begun his GCSE's. It feels like such a milestone, but driving to work this morning, I couldn't help but think how young all the new starters for our local high school looked! I think I must be getting old though, as everyone is looking younger these days! I cant believe my eldest son is starting Uni this year and he moves out on Saturday!!! 

Have your kids gone back to school now? Are you feeling relieved or missing them already? 

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My sister has just started Year 10. She was excited to get her timetable yesterday, but wasn't to happy about 'proper lessons' starting today!  :D
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    My youngest daughter started year 5 today, but after a late start she left the house looking a lot more like the second picture than the first! Dread to think how she'll come home. 

My eldest doesn't start back until tomorrow so is spending the day about as 'productively' as can be. :D
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My little sister went back to “school” today. She is homeschooled but loosely following the published Year 1 schemes of work during her lessons. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I get confused by the year names used now. When I was at school, you did your O levels in 5th year. Lower 6th was for first A level year and Upper 6th was the year A levels were taken.

Guess I`m a dinosaur!
  • April2018mom
    Options
    I get confused by the year names used now. When I was at school, you did your O levels in 5th year. Lower 6th was for first A level year and Upper 6th was the year A levels were taken.

Guess I`m a dinosaur!
    What did you call Year 1? 
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Options
    @pollyanna1052

Yes I remember those days.  :)
    Starting senior school was year 1 and you could leave at the end of year 4.
    Year 5 was 0 levels.

First years at school were just called Infants and Juniors. 

Aaaah.... memories  :D
  • pollyanna1052
    Options

Guess I`m a dinosaur!
    what is year 1 now? when you are 4/5 or older? Was it year 7 for reception class at infants school? I dont know!
  • April2018mom
    Options

Guess I`m a dinosaur!
    what is year 1 now? when you are 4/5 or older? Was it year 7 for reception class at infants school? I dont know!

Guess I`m a dinosaur!
    Year 1 is the first year of school.. kids tend to be 5/6 years old. I thought it was common knowledge.. 
  • pollyanna1052
    Options

Guess I`m a dinosaur!

Guess I`m a dinosaur!
    Year 1 is the first year of school.. kids tend to be 5/6 years old. I thought it was common knowledge.. 
    It has changed since I was at school, since my children were at school and now my granddaughter aged 10 is the only grandchild still in mainstream school. I guess it is all confused in my mind. But it isnt something i fret over.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @pollyanna1052. It’s definitely changed a lot hasn’t it?
    They now just number the years all the way through, apart from reception class which is age 4-5. Year 1 is 5-6. Year 7 (11-12) is usually (but not always!) the start of secondary school and you do your GCSEs in year 10 and 11. Year 12 and 13 are Sixth Form and when you do your AS and A Levels.
    Obviously it’s completely different in Scotland and just to confuse things, some places in England vary it up too.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness