PIP FOR LONGER TIME LETTER — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP FOR LONGER TIME LETTER

Tina56
Tina56 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi all
I am only asking this now because I have not been on this forum until recently this actually happened back in June.
Has anybody received a letter from the DWP to say they have looked at your award to see you are getting the right amount of PIP?
I was expecting a review form in June as my PIP was awarded till 2020 and it said that it would be reviewed June 2019.  I know it is now more likely 6 months before it runs out now,
Anyway instead of a review form I got a letter saying they had looked at my PIP award and decided that my needs had not changed and are continuing, it says.  
I have decided to award you PIP for a longer time.   Your rate of PIP has not changed.  I have made my decision using the information we hold about your disability .  This information is the best available and enough to decide how much help you need without a face to face consultation so I have decided to award you PIP for a longer time, we will aslo contact you while you are getting PIP to see if your needs have changed this will be after 14th June 2019.
They sent me another statement of entitlement from the 31st may 2019 but the finish date is the same as it always was which is the 14th June 2020.
I am very confused by this as the finish date for my PIP was always 14th June 2020, but they say they have given me it for a longer time but will still look at it again after June 14th 2019.
Has anybody else  had one of these letters and if so what happened next ?
If anybody can explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It could possibly be to do with the following and planning a journey changes that took place and they are reviewing all claims that had a decision made after November 2016. No face to face assessment is needed for these reviews as a decision will made based on your claim at the time. I received exactly the same letter about 4 months ago.

The only claims they are not looking at are those that had Enhanced for both parts on that date. See link.

They do have a very strange way of wording these letters sometimes are they do confuse people.

I would ring DWP Monday morning to just confirm what the letter is about.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tina56
    Tina56 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
     Thanks poppy I'm not worried about it just confused why they sent the letter, but my decision was made before November 2016  it was June 2016 and I am on enhanced for both.   I am still expecting a review form anyway so am not stressing about it until that comes.  
    I tend not to ring them unless it's absolutely necessary because it takes so long , it was 45 minutes last time. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tina56, I understand why the letter would have been confusing! It seems like it was just a standardised letter. If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.