Hi my name is Bill — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is Bill

Options
lumsden69
lumsden69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Bill and I came across the Scope website whilst doing some research. I have read through comments, personal stories and much more. I found the content to be very informative and really interesting. I recently had a stroke and currently in recovery at home now. I still find it strange to convey to people that I have a disability but now starting to face the fact that I am disabled. I still think and feel the way I was pre stroke if that makes sense. Anyway here I am getting on with my physio and trying to get back to some kind of normality. Would just like to say hello to all of you out there and will continue to check in to What’s new in the Scope world. 

Comments

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @lumsden69 welcome to the community. I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions. It’s great to have you here. We’re a lovely bunch here so if you need anything just let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Bill (@lumsden69)

Like yourself I stumbled upon this community whilst researching & am glad I did. It's great to read about your positive attitude. 'You' are still 'you' & whilst you may have to do some things differently, you'll get there. Keep up the good work with your physio. Nice to 'meet' you.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Bill @lumsden69 and welcome. I'm quite new here too and enjoying it. 

Nice to hear your positivity, good luck with the physio  :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi  @lumsden69 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I hope your recovery is going well and glad to have you on board.  I hope you enjoy your time on the Community and glad you find the information interesting.  Everyone is very friendly and supportive on here and I hope you make some new friends along the way.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lumsden69 welcome to the community! Physio can be hard at times but it's incredible what they can do! I wish you well in your recovery and I look forward to chatting with you more! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lumsden69
    I found this site one day last year whilst searching for more information on DLA. I love your positive mindset. Nice to “meet” you! 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Bill, I hope you are coping. Have you been told how things might go? xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello and a warm welcome to the community @lumsden69!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lumsden69

Good Afternoon & Welcome.

I am also a Community Champion here at Scope.

Yes I have also had a Stroke.

Mine happened in 1998 at the age off 32.

Please please let me know if I can offer some help/support???

@steve51

Brightness