ESA underpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA underpayment

Options
benson16
benson16 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Can anyone help me with the ESA underpayment process? Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

What is it you need help with and i'll do my best to help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @benson16 and welcome to the community.

I've noticed Poppy has answered your queries regarding this in another post. I hope you hear back from them regarding a possible underpayment quickly. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • benson16
    Options
    They have advised me they cannot give any timescales out now. I've just phoned the contact centre and was told how longs a piece of string! What is the point of having a helpline that's not helpful in the slightest? I've waited 14 weeks already. And still nothing not a shred of information from them.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I totally understand how frustrating waiting is for a decision but backlogs can't be helped. There's thousands of people that were transferred across from IB to ESA and that's a lot of claims to go through. There's never any timescales for any decisions, whether it's underpayments or assessment decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • benson16
    Options
    So scrap the dedicated helpline it's a pointless waste of money and people's time, calling them up to get told absolutely nothing. 
  • benson16
    Options
    Is there a chance that I could be entitled to ESA underpayment backpay? I was on contribution based ESA in the support group. From 2012 till 2017 after conversion from incapacity benefit. And was receiving 110 a week payments. I had no savings or partner. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm afraid it's impossible to answer that question on an internet forum without knowing every single detail of your circumstance during the dates stated.

Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer for a decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.