Non accessible venues for hearing - whats a telephone hearing like? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Non accessible venues for hearing - whats a telephone hearing like?

ebeneee
ebeneee Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone,
Im stuck between a brick and a slab, i wrote asking for a ground floor venue, due to poor mobility i was granted ground floor venue, but not in my town, that means i would have to ask friend or relative to support me to the venue by driving out of town, i also suffer with agraphobia and claustraphobia, i panic when im not familiar with surroundings i have anxiety attacks and then this cause me to become breathless and have asthma attack,so i took the alternative of attending  hearing in 4 weeks in my town going on to the fourth floor, by walking as i cannot use the lift i have poor mobility, and yes i know i will still have panic attacks, anxiety will set in and will be using my inhaler, as once again i will not be familiar with my surroundings, but at least i will be in my own town, i dont venture out much, it seems the older ive become with more medical issues, the more i just want to stay at home in my own enviroment, where i feel safe.........question @poppy123456 @dave235@wilko, how many have won  with telephone hearing tribunal as i was also asked if i wanted a telephone tribunal i just want this nightmare to be over, ive waited 47 weeks, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I've only ever heard of a few people have a telephone hearing, they are quite rare as far as i know. I have no idea of the percentage for those i'm afraid. Obviously it's far better to appear in person with 74% that do have a decision in their favour.

You may also be waiting much longer for a telephone hearing. Hopefully someone else will have further advice for you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ebeneee
    If you do have a telephone hearing, ask for advice first. Make sure you understand all questions.
    Ask them to repeat themselves if need arises. Good luck! Keep us updated. 
  • ebeneee
    Thank you@poppy123456 @April2018mom for response i now know what i need to do, Thank you for advice given have taken them on board. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ebeneee
    If you do have a telephone hearing, ask for advice first.
    Sorry but advice on what?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @ebeneee, I hope you manage to find the right solution for you, please let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    It's been a few months since my PIP assessment... But. I was aske dif I wanted someone to visit my home. Are you preferring a telephone assessment to a visit at home... Or do they not do those now.? 

(also... Gosh, I know it seems really stressful and scary now but often it all works out. I got my PIP and it's really helping - Assessor was friendly and clear, decision was quick.... As compared to my first PIP assessment 5 years ago which was awful. And took 18 monoth...) 

• ebeneee
    Hi@poppy123456@Adrian_Scope @Username_removed @April2018mom, Thank you for response i received a phone call this morning asking if i wanted to cancel Tribunal date which is on the 9th i said no thank you, i waited over a year for this, due to mobility issues, i know Tribunal will be on the 4th floor in Birmingham, buit in Wolverhampton it will be on the ground floor, but im not familiar with there,(it is a part of the appeal) so then i was asked would i like to do paper hearing or telephone hearing which may not be for now, I have to admit the Tribunal service have tried to accomadate me, after getting advice on this site i decided that i will stick to the original of attending it in Birmingham, rather sooner than later, i just want it over and done with,  theres a saying who feels it knows it,no one knows what my life has been like for the  past year, ive been living a nightmare.
  • ebeneee
    Hi@mossycow,
    Sorry its tribunal hearing i had assessment last year June (
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I can imagine you want it done by the end of the year! Is this 9th October?
    I hope it goes smoothly when you are there. :)
    Scope

• ebeneee
    Hi@Chloe_Scope, yes it is the 9th......im  doing a countdown at the moment Chloe

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.