Moving — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving

poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
Hi,

As a community champion here on scope, I think this is probably the first time i've ever posted a thread about myself. Usually i just give advice to others and forget about myself...typical of me...lol. I'm not even sure if i'm posting this in the correct place, so sorry if it's wrong and please feel free to move it..   BUT i'm so excited this evening i needed to share my news!!!!

We all know just how difficult it is to find a landlord that accepts those claiming DSS. It seems like we are all "shoved" in a corner and treated -cough- differently. I spent 9 months constantly searching the internet,  pulling my hair out at times with pure frustration when i try to contact a landlord or agency and i'm ignored. Some don't even have the manners to reply. Makes me so mad.

A couple of weeks ago a viewed a lovely 2 bedroom house, just 20 minutes from my eldest daughter. Front and back garden, very low maintenance because gardening is my worst nightmare lol. I loved the house but didn't want to build my hopes just incase i was refused.

I needed a guarantor and luckily that wasn't a problem for me, my eldest daughter very kindly agreed. She knows there will never be any problems, having rented for 12 years i've never been in rent arrears.

After waiting almost 2 weeks for the all the checks, references etc today i had a phone call from the agency to say that they have accepted me as a tenant!!!! I''m so excited, if i could jump up and down i would.

They allow pets so i'll be taking my cat Alfie with me and of course my youngest daughter.

I've lived in a ground floor flat for over 2 years and hated every minute of it, so finally being able to move into a house is so exciting. Just 1 month from now and i'll be moving in.....I have my son-in-law and several of his male friends to help with the move and a van free from where he works.I just need to do the worst bit......PACK :s

I'll be away from the internet for a short time while i move and could potentially have no internet access until i'm reconnected. I will of course let admin know when, just in case you wonder where i am ;)

Super excited and doing the happy dance "in my head" haha.

Wish me luck! :)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations again Poppy! So pleased for you! I'm sure we all will throw a virtual housewarming party! ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fantastic news, @poppy123456!  Congratulations on your move!  No wonder you are so excited!  I read a lot of your great posts on here advising so many of our members and you work so hard for the Community so you totally deserve some good news yourself!  I hope the move goes well for you and I look forward to seeing you again on the Community once you are settled in your new home.  x    :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    Good news Poppy ...I,m so happy for you . You have helped so many on here that you deserve a bit of good karma. It just shows us that we just have to keep trying nomatter how bad we feel . Well done Poppy ?
    Good luck in your new home .??
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Good luck with the packing and forthcoming move.
    Wishing you and your daughter much happiness in your new home. ?

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, means a lot! I am very excited, if only i could just skip the packing.. :D
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 congratulations! Very pleased for you. How exciting :smile: 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,832 Scope online community team
    I'm so happy for you @poppy123456! That's brilliant news and you really deserve this bit of good luck. 
    All the best with the packing. It really is the worse part of a move. I've been known to procrastinate so much I've run out of time and just (quite literally) thrown everything into random boxes and black bags. Of course it meant half our things ended up broken or lost and it made unpacking a total nightmare. :D

You must be so excited and we can't wait to hear how the move went! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's excellent news Poppy, good luck with it! :)

I quite like packing tbh, it's like real life game of Tetris! :D  
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Yeeha! Wonderful news...hope you enjoy your new place xx

Brightness