I did it i won pip appeal waited 23 months but i won but have not a clue what it is saying — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I did it i won pip appeal waited 23 months but i won but have not a clue what it is saying

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello everyone firstly i want to thank scope team i was at my darkest hour when i arrived on here ashamed and ready to give up but the scope team made me overcome this and are like a family to me thank you from the bottom of my heart i got the letter this morning sat and just stared at it for 2 hours but opened it and said appeal allowed i cried  please anyone who is going trough this the road is long and tough there will be setbacks and dark times  please do not give up like i almost did scope is here for support  and without them i would not of gone for appeal and be writing this today thank you all again can someone explain to me what i got as do not understand thank you

Comments

• ebeneee
    ebeneee Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
    Congratulations@misstracey.........the long wait was worth it.......now you can relax.The Scope family are very helpful, theyve always been there for me when i need good advice, and im glad they have supported you every step of the way.
  • misstracey
    thankyou ebeneee i do not understand letter need a bit of help  x
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    @misstracey

Hi congratulations great news ?.

Looking at your letter i believe you have been awarded  enhanced  rate of mobility 12 points awarded but unfortunately not awarded on the daily living component 2 points awarded. 

I am no expert but if i am reading correctly that's your award.

Hope this helps 

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    You've been awarded Standard Rate Mobility @misstracey

You haven't received enough points to be awarded any Care element.

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Also, because you've been awarded 10 points for mobility descriptor (e), you can apply for a Blue Badge @misstracey
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    saz11 said:
    @misstracey

Hi congratulations great news ?.

Looking at your letter i believe you have been awarded  enhanced  rate of mobility 12 points awarded but unfortunately not awarded on the daily living component 2 points awarded. 

I am no expert but if i am reading correctly that's your award.

Hope this helps 

That's not correct, the award is 10 points which is standard rate mobility. No daily living.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news. Standard rate mobility, which is £23.20 per week. Backdated money can take 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Jurph said:
    Also, because you've been awarded 10 points for mobility descriptor (e), you can apply for a Blue Badge @misstracey
    That is true - though @misstracey will need to wait for DWP to issue the award paperwork. If this Tribunal ruling is implemented @misstracey will also qualify for 50% car tax reduction.

What happens next, as many here know, is that DWP are notified of the decision. In most cases they accept the decision, issue award paperwork and sort out any backpayment. In some cases they apply to the First-tier Tribunal for the Statement of Reasons with a view to a possible appeal on a point of law to the Upper Tribunal, though it is rare for DWP to request the SoR and rarer still that they appeal to UT.
  • misstracey
    hiya everyone   you are a great help i had all supported evidence of my metal illness off doctors and my support workers and therapists but i guess  government is still blinded to this what they cannot see they do not believe maybe one day they will take into account that people do suffer with this x
  • misstracey
    edited September 2019
    thank you david235 well ill wait till i am notified by dwp i am just glad i can breath a bit better feel like a weight has been lifted if they do decide to appeal ill be ready xx
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    I am so glad that you feel a weight has been lifted. I doubt I am alone in feeling that these decisions are about validation as well as the benefit itself.

I hope you can relax now and recover somewhat.
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    @misstracey

Hi please accept my apologies....my original was was incorrect i did amend it but for some reason it doesn't show did it come through to you ? .

I see it has been pointed out i was wrong.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news about your standard rate mobility @misstracey, thank you for letting us know!
    Scope

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.