pip assessment report. Does 8 points for mobility and activities indicate that I'll get PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment report. Does 8 points for mobility and activities indicate that I'll get PIP?

helper
helper Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello hope you are all well
i got my pip assessment report  today and on the back are the pip descriptors  she gave me 8 points for  mobility and 8 points for activities would this this indicate that i will get the PIP ?  any help please  thankyou.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @helper, yes going by your post you have got 8 points for each award , low rate for daily living and mobility. With these other benefits will and can be accessed. On the mobility side you can claim 50% off your road fund licence if you have a car registered in your name you may be able to get a blue badge if you meet the criteria , the daily will depends on your income ect.
  • helper
    Thank you for your interest in my post. 
    So do you think this would indicate that I am definitely going to get the pip . Or or the decision maker make any changes when he reads the description from the assessor report
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    They mostly go with the report, it's very rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @helper, that's great! You'll just have to wait for the decision letter now :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Let us know how it goes @helper! I hope you get the outcome you're looking for.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • helper
    I should know in about 3 more weeks   thank you 
  • ruckerdee
    ruckerdee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi would like to know how things go as I'm in the same boat going by my assessment report I've been given 8points does anyone know if the dwp decision maker can go against the report and award nothing
  • poppy123456
    ruckerdee said:
    Hi would like to know how things go as I'm in the same boat going by my assessment report I've been given 8points does anyone know if the dwp decision maker can go against the report and award nothing
    Hi,

Your question was answered on your other thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/63905/pip-assessment#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • helper
    edited September 2019
    Hi  the decision-maker didn't go against the report
    And I did get the standard rate in both plus I got it all backdated last week plus I got extra on to my income support and it also was back paid to the original date that I applied for the pip the assessor recommend it was for 3 years but the decision maker has given it to me for 4 years
    Have a good day 
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    That is great news @helper. Well done for persevering.
  • helper
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's amazing news @helper, I bet you are so relieved! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Scope

• helper
    I am absolutely delighted it's all over it's very stressful waiting they're waiting times are very long I have two to thank my lucky stars and be grateful that I was able to get it
  • helper
    My partner is applying also she has a carpal syndrome but I'm not sure if she was getting anything for that that she has had this last night last Thursday day does anyone know if you get for that condition
  • poppy123456
    helper said:
    My partner is applying also she has a carpal syndrome but I'm not sure if she was getting anything for that that she has had this last night last Thursday day does anyone know if you get for that condition

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. If she's only been affected by this twice then it's very unlikely they would score enough points for an award. For PIP you must be affected for at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 174 Listener
    edited November 2022
    helper said:
    Your partner won't get PIP for having 2 episodes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome( that only started last week) , it's for ongoing conditions that last at least 3 months for the majority of the time( no diagnoses required). PIP is a major benefit for people to have claim, not for someone to claim everytime they stump a toe or break a fingernail. Sorry but the DWP are majorly under resourced at the moment, assessments are taking forever.  Petty claims like this are not helpful. I'm not claiming Carpal Tunnel is not horrible, but after only 2 episodes. Please bin the application.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.