Payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payments

Options
Lesley56
Lesley56 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I won my P.I.P tribunal on 6/09/2019. I had been getting D.W.A from 1990s until it was stopped in July 2018 and I put in a P.I.P claim. When will I get my back pay and my first P.I.P payment. 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Lesley56

Call on Monday. There is a lot of backlog so it will take several weeks for them to process your claim. Keep us updated and best wishes! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Great news. It can take up to 8 weeks to pay any backdated money after a Tribunal win. This is because DWP have 1 month to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once they receive this they have to find and error in law before they can take it any further. If they request it, it doesn't mean they are appealing the decision. They will contact you if this happens.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations on your win @Lesley56!

Mine was about 3 weeks but from what I've read, that was pretty quick. A lot of people receive their money before they even get the letter.

The letter I got told me how much backpay I'd get and then when my first payment would be and what day it would be going forward.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @Lesley56! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.