Payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Lesley56 Member Posts: 1 Listener
I won my P.I.P tribunal on 6/09/2019. I had been getting D.W.A from 1990s until it was stopped in July 2018 and I put in a P.I.P claim. When will I get my back pay and my first P.I.P payment. 


  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,872 Connected
    Hello @Lesley56

    Call on Monday. There is a lot of backlog so it will take several weeks for them to process your claim. Keep us updated and best wishes! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,186 Disability Gamechanger

    Great news. It can take up to 8 weeks to pay any backdated money after a Tribunal win. This is because DWP have 1 month to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once they receive this they have to find and error in law before they can take it any further. If they request it, it doesn't mean they are appealing the decision. They will contact you if this happens.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Member Posts: 362 Pioneering
    Congratulations on your win @Lesley56!

    Mine was about 3 weeks but from what I've read, that was pretty quick. A lot of people receive their money before they even get the letter.

    The letter I got told me how much backpay I'd get and then when my first payment would be and what day it would be going forward.

  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news @Lesley56! Thank you for letting us know. :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.