Pip assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment

Options
dazman14
dazman14 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Has anyone else had an assesor who seems to copy and paste their justification and vaguely edits it to fit.

It seems to all be the same 2 paragraphs for every descriptor and it's all to do about the fact I listened and taken in what was said etc.

Example from my report:

Baring in mind the majority of the report also mentions how bad I am but it's all taken away because of her observations. So she puts about the bad things some really bad and then just dismisses it and says I am likely to do it on the majority of days.

Although I don't quite know for example  how I can manage to take my medication safetly when I consistently overdose... my mum administers it and it's all in the report and the fact I have a bad habit of walking into the road when I am distracted easily.and talk to complete strangers about deeply personal stuff how on earth thats safe... and doesnt fit into the dwps guidance of safely...

Ranting here but because I did what a claimant is ment to do on the day and tried my dam hardest with my mum supporitng me fully to ensure she got it all. I automatically can do it all. 

I don't understand how someone can be so cold as she also said how good pip was for people like me. And how happy she was my mum was there as she wasn't comfortable without her being there... ofcourse none of that was in the report.  

Darren

Comments

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm so sorry Darren.

Mine was very similar. The assessor copied "can drive so can be expected to..." on every single descriptor on mine and not giving me a single point.

I'd strongly urge you not to give up. The appeals process is daunting but 73% of tribunals are successful - mine included.
  • misstracey
    misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
    Options
    please do not give up its took me 23 months but i won today i got my letter not a clue what it says but appeal is allowed  the road is long and there are dark times go for it i came here at one of my darkest times but scope has been amazing and help me good luck xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dazman14, I'm sorry the report isn't a true reflection of your current situation. This mustn't have been the easiest thing to read!

Like other members have said, please don't give up. We have loads of people who have won appeals and they are right here ready to support you.

Here is some information about the MR process but please do not hesitate to ask further questions. 

Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.