Pip/dla — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip/dla

Paul_green
Paul_green Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I recently went over to pip from dla I received the enhanced rate of care £350.60 but on pip I only receive£338.00 can anyone tell me why please

Comments

• BAF
    BAF Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Sounds like you might be  on the  low rate care and mobility
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    The amount for enhanced care for 4 weeks £350.60 is the £338.00 for part of 4 weeks?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• AndMac
    AndMac Community member Posts: 27 Pioneering
    My guess is that the day of payments has changed, and been brought forward to an earlier day in the week. The payment would then be for 27 days, and not 28. It will be back to 28 next month, the full four weeks.
    I noticed some slight variation in my payments in this way when first transferring. As I went from zero care and higher mobility to standard care and enhanced mobility I actually got more money than on DLA.. Rare, but it does happen,
  • Paul_green
    Thanks for your comments my rates are high for care and mobility this will be my third payment and all three have been £338.00 should I contact the dwp or contact a disabled charity to investigate tia
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Your best bet is to ring CAB to ask for advice. Don’t rush to tell DWP yet. This is rare but can happen. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for your comments my rates are high for care and mobility this will be my third payment and all three have been £338.00 should I contact the dwp or contact a disabled charity to investigate tia
    Hi,

Are you 100% sure that your award is Enhanced for both parts? Please check your award because what you're receiving doesn't make any sense.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Your best bet is to ring CAB to ask for advice. Don’t rush to tell DWP yet. This is rare but can happen. 
    Why do they need to ring CAB? and why mustn't they rush to tell DWP? Sorry but i don't understand why you've given this advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Paul_green
    The amount doesn't include the mobility part as I have car on motability sorry for any confusion
  • poppy123456
    Enhanced daily living is £87.65 per week, which is £350.60 every 4 weeks. If you're only receiving £338 then you'll need to ring DWP and ask why you're only receiving that amount. Only they will be able to tell you what's going on.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    EDIT - posted this before I saw the previous reply. 

Enhanced on both would be £587.80 for 4 weeks.

You're quite a way off that. As Poppy said, it might be worth double checking your award.

Saying that, I can't come up with any combination that makes £338

• poppy123456
    Jurph said:
    EDIT - posted this before I saw the previous reply. 

Enhanced on both would be £587.80 for 4 weeks.

You're quite a way off that. As Poppy said, it might be worth double checking your award.

Saying that, I can't come up with any combination that makes £338

Enhanced for both is £595.40 every 4 weeks. This is what my daughter receives.

Daily living - standard rate                       £58.70
    Daily living - enhanced rate                       £87.65
    Mobility - standard rate                       £23.20
    Mobility - enhanced rate                       £61.20

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Paul_green. Have you been able to get in touch with the DWP to ask why you're only receiving £338?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Paul_green
    Yes they said an admin error had occurred and it will be rectified with my next payment thanks for all you comments 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great, I'm glad they were able to resolve it for you @paul_green
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.