Pip - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
1235»

Comments

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks everyone and for WF2k you need to send as much evidence as possible for your mental health. Do you have a cpn who can do you a support letter and you should have a care plan in place which helps with your claim. If you cannot go out on your own you get between 8-10 points depending which descriptor applies to you. Don't give up and I wish you all the best.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    @alisha22 this was a review, I've been getting enhanced since 2014 for mainly MH apart from 8 points in moving around, I had 18 in each, there was more evidence this time around than there was the first time, he's obviously not read it and done nothing but lied and contradicted himself. It was also recorded, people think they are less likely lie if you record.. 

I'll post the link to my thread so I don't need to try and explain, my mh is all over the place and explaining stuff makes it worse :/ 

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/59580/pip-report

• alisha22
    Options
    Hello everyone, I had a phone call from pip but I could not understand this person, I mentioned I  could not hear them etc. They however did mention premiums etc but I remember when I had the standard rate for pip I got a premium amount later on. But im now getting the enhanced rate for both daily and mobility would they a amend the a amount I got to begin with. This may sound confusing but since the call I'm left baffled. My daughter has tried calling them back but gave up as was on phone for some time. Please advise anyone.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    alisha22 said:
    Hello everyone, I had a phone call from pip but I could not understand this person, I mentioned I  could not hear them etc. They however did mention premiums etc but I remember when I had the standard rate for pip I got a premium amount later on. But im now getting the enhanced rate for both daily and mobility would they a amend the a amount I got to begin with. This may sound confusing but since the call I'm left baffled. My daughter has tried calling them back but gave up as was on phone for some time. Please advise anyone.
    The premiums are paid on Income Related ESA, which i think you're claiming if i'm right? and you're in the support group yes?

If you were previously claiming daily living at standard rate and you were receiving the severe disability premium because you live alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you then you're still entitled to this. Your ESA will remain the same.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    Options
    Yes poppy I am getting ESA and yes I'm in the support group, thinking about it now im sure I got a premium a amount last year. I thought as I get the enhanced rates now that would be amended. Maybe I have this wrong. I rang pip and apparently no body from pip rang, this was abit weird.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Receiving Enhanced for both PIP doesn't mean you'll receive more ESA. If your circumstances are the same now as they were a year ago then you're ESA will be the same amount.

The only extra premium available for those claiming daily living (standard or Enhanced) is the severe disability premium and for this you need to live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you.

I can't remember if you receive this premium or not.

The other disability premium that's available with Income Related ESA is Enhanced disability premium, which is automatically paid. So i'm not sure what you mean by amended?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    Options
    I live with my daughter but no one claims carers allowance for me. You have a answered my question I think I just confused myself. Anyway thanks as always poppy.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.