Capita concerns — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita concerns

Options
davesgal1071
davesgal1071 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone I'm new here as trying to see if I should or can complain against capita. I have fibromyalgia anxiety and depression plus i have nerve damage in one of my hips due to an accident a few years ago. I have other ailments but they are the worst. So i sent in all my forms received a letter saying I needed to have a f2f so I went with my partner caused me so much pain and anxiety to travel 30 miles to have the assessment it seemed to go ok the lady was nice came home but then a week later my dr changed the dose on one of my medications so I rang dwp to tell them and they said they didn't have a report yet and to ring capita wich I did and was told that there was a glitch and a manager will call me back when its sorted. Anyways I called every week for 4 weeks to chase them up and kept getting told the same story so I rang dwp and explained to them low and behold capita ring saying you need a second assessment as the person that did your old one left her job the next day and didn't complete my report! So now I'm on my second waiting game after my home assessment at the start of the week. The whole thing has made me so poorly and I think I should complain but dont know how. All this stress for weeks for no reason really isn't fair in my opinion any advice would be great.

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @davesgal1071 - I've had a nightmare with Capita so I'm no big fan...

However, if you try to see it from their point of view, if they haven't got a report to send to DWP then it's difficult to see what else they can do.

If the person who did the first assessment has left then you can't complain about them..

Good luck anyway...
  • davesgal1071
    Options
    No it's not that that's annoyed me it's the fact that they would of known from the start that she had left the company as she left the day after my assessment but took the dwp to get involved and 4 weeks later to get an answer from capita its shocking. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @davesgal1071   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are experiencing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

The post you mentioned having to go to a second assessment. Understand how stressed and anxious you are.

Please can I suggest it might be worth consider getting some support with your mental health your issues.

Often by accessing support can be beneficial to your well being. Can also  be helping and advising with benefit situations and problems.

I used this mental health charity last time.

Help with outreach or floating support. Might not be in all areas.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Please if we can help with anything further. Please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    davesgal1071 have you requested the latest assessor's report? I believe you can do that a week after the f2f interview. I would wait for the result of that. If it's favourable I would try and forget about the complaint. It will just cause you more stress and won't change anything. The fact that the first assessor has left would not necessarily have been known by anyone other than HR. 
  • davesgal1071
    Options
    Thank you I have a mental health team and a stream of resources plus my gp I see every 2 weeks I have ptsd so has to be monitored closely and have weekly phone calls from support worker. I wont make a complaint then as its probably not worth it. I just wanted to see what people thought. Thanks for the help. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No it's not that that's annoyed me it's the fact that they would of known from the start that she had left the company as she left the day after my assessment but took the dwp to get involved and 4 weeks later to get an answer from capita its shocking. 
    They may not have known this. If the HCP decided to just leave their job without giving any notice.

Althougha 2nd assessment is annoying and very stressful, it's a good thing because they can't write a full report without all the information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.