LCWRA - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes and continue to receive it until a decision's been made on the work capability assessment as advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • marie222
    marie222 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    hi @Kayla24 im just wondering if you got to the bottom of this as im in a very similar position to you and im very confused with it all :/
  • Welshlad90
    Welshlad90 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    Yes and continue to receive it until a decision's been made on the work capability assessment as advised.
    Recieved my decision this morning and as expected passed my assessment :smile:
  • poppy123456
    Recieved my decision this morning and as expected passed my assessment :smile:
    Great news!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    marie222 said:
    hi @Kayla24 im just wondering if you got to the bottom of this as im in a very similar position to you and im very confused with it all :/
    Hi,

I answered your question on your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/64109/lcwra-backdated#latest

• Kayla24
    Kayla24 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hi marie222, I'm still trying to sort mine, it's been sent to decision maker now so still waiting x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @Welshlad90. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Welshlad90
    If the health assessor recommends my next assessment not be for another 18 months is the dwp likely to go with that?
  • poppy123456
    If the health assessor recommends my next assessment not be for another 18 months is the dwp likely to go with that?
    That's impossible to answer i'm afraid. Some go over, some are contacted before the recommended time. The time given is just a guide, you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.
  • christiantayleure4
    christiantayleure4 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi after having your letter saying your going to get the extra lcwra payment how long does it take to get your first payment
  • Welshlad90
    Hi after having your letter saying your going to get the extra lcwra payment how long does it take to get your first payment
    Its usually on your next UC payment 
  • christiantayleure4
    Oh as it's been few months since I got the letter and I ain't received it yet 
  • Welshlad90
    You need to ring them up then and ask why and remind them if there is any backdated payments due 
  • Welshlad90
    Please keep us posted
  • christiantayleure4
    I'll just leave it I can't be bothered to be on the phone to them constantly because of there **** ups 
  • Welshlad90
    I'll just leave it I can't be bothered to be on the phone to them constantly because of there **** ups 
    If the letter states you will be receiving lwcra you need to contact them by phone or your online journal or go to your local job centre as you could be missing out on £336 a month
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

There's a 3 month waiting period from the time you sent in your first fit note. Then the LCWRA element is paid on the 4th full assessment period. So, it will totally depend on when you sent in your first fit note and when your assessment period is from.
  • christiantayleure4
    My first sick note was sent in on 2nd of may 2019 so does that mean it should be paid in on this month
  • poppy123456
    When is your assessment period from?
  • phoeiblaze
    phoeiblaze Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    @christiantayleure4

They start back payment on the 4th month from your claim. Example: you made claim in February so timeline goes as follows: . 

Month 1. February to March
    Month 2.  March to April
    Month 3. April to May
    Month 4. May to June (backdate starts)

You won’t get a letter stating what your back payment is. They don’t do that even though letter award letter says it. Calculate the time you are owed back payment as you haven’t said when you made the claim. 

If after calculating, and you are still short, ring them as they may have missed a payment. They did miss one of mines (first payment as system didn’t factor it in) and I called them and the lady I spoke to checked it, saw it was missing and promised to get in in my bank account in a few hours. It was sent an hour later with a note in my UC journal saying it as well. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.