Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

MichaelPickersgill
MichaelPickersgill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I've been in dla since a very young age I've got ADHD learning difficulty and really bad mental health problems and I can't deal with loosing my dla can anyone help me please I have no one no family contact I need support through this 

Comments

• MichaelPickersgill
    MichaelPickersgill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Can anyone help me I have severe learning difficulties ADHD and mental health I've been on dla since a little lad and I still have a mind like I'm 15 I hate it still feel like a kid I can't understand how I can't claim no longer please someone help me 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you received a letter inviting you to apply for PIP?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @MichaelPickersgill and welcome to the community. :)
    I'm sorry this is causing you additional worry. Adults that were previously claiming DLA are being asked to apply for PIP as it has replaced DLA for adults. Have you started your PIP application? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    MichaelPickersgillMichaelPickersgill,

Hi there, sorry to hear you've having all this stress. It is horrible. If you are on DLA and you were under 65 on 8 April 2013 then you will be invited to claim PIP, and unfortunately it's just not avoidable.  Maybe this has already happened and that's why you're feeling so worried?

If you've got the PIP2 form and you need more time to fill it in, you can ask for more time. But if it's difficult for you to ring up and ask them for more time, then try to get the forms in by the deadline if you possibly can to avoid your benefit stopping. One thing that can really help you to fill in the forms is to understand the points based system, so you know what PIP are looking for. You can try the PIP self-test here which will help you understand how the points based system works.

Remember that the assessments are often very poorly carried out and may not give you all the points you are entitled to. So the PIP2 form is your chance to say as much as possible about any problems you have with the activities of daily living and mobility (including getting around outside your home). Supply evidence if you can (recent medical evidence is best if you have it).

If you need a home visit, you can ask for this, though you'll need a medical professional to write in support of your request.

If you can get help locally to fill out the form and support you, that's always a good idea. Local agencies may include citizens advice bureaux or disability information services. The Scope helpline may be able to find an agency local to you. 

Good luck and I really hope you get the right award of PIP.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MichaelPickersgill and a warm welcome to the community! How are you getting on?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.