Daughter has recently been through a clinical assessment, can anyone advise me further? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daughter has recently been through a clinical assessment, can anyone advise me further?

Amber68
Amber68 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hello I've been given link to here as I'm a parent carer to my daughter who is 14. She has recently been through a clinical assessment due to struggles with social anxiety, depression and agoraphobia. Shes missed 3 years schooling now and lives pretty much cut off from outside world.  It's not how I want it for her and her recent assessment states she has trauma due to school dissasociation depression and Autism.  I'm trying so hard to get her help but most of the support I did have has stopped in past 3 months apart from camhs psychiatrist.  Sorry that's a really heavy intro but as her mum I am struggling right now on how to help her as much as can.  I know I'm not only carer and wondered if anyone can advise me further or direct me to the right place here. Thanks x

Comments

• Matt_Scope
    Matt_Scope Scope Posts: 56 Pioneering
    Hi @Amber68 Has your daughter had  a specific diagnosis within the last year, or does she remain on a pathway to diagnosis?  If so, you could receive 6 weeks of phone and online support from the Navigate service within Scope, were we can offer emotional and practical support for yourself as a parent, as well as information linked to topics such as accessing education and behavioural support. 
    The best way to contact this service is through the online form found on the Scope website in the Navigate section, or by calling us on 0808 801 0510.   
    I must stress that this service focuses on parents whose children (under 18)  have a recent diagnosis (within the past year, or are on a pathway to a diagnosis). If this applies to you then hopefully you will consider applying for this support.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Amber68. I'm really sorry to read that you're struggling to find the right support for your daughter. You mentioned that some of her support stopped in the last 3 months, did they give you any reason for this? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hi sorry to hear about your difficulties as a mother of 3 young adults with Autism and other special needs I totally understand the frustration and time scales it takes it to go through the assessment process. Should be some support groups near you that can help. I'm my option I found them very useful for letting you know what help is available in your area and how to access it. 
  • Amber68
    Amber68 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Thanks to all for your advice. I've contacted scope navigate. I need to join local groups now for more support.  My daughter is quite shutdown right now she wont go out of the house this has been case since 2017. Shes been diagnosed about 5 weeks ago and is really withdrawn from life at the moment.  She is starting art therapy from tomorrow I'm hoping she will do it.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I hope she enjoys it my son loved it. He's also has severe aggrophobia anxiety ect. Trying to get him out his room is always hard 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope she loves it. Art therapy is a good idea! 

Brightness