Changes to the descriptor "going out" or "planning and following journeys" — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changes to the descriptor "going out" or "planning and following journeys"

Options
Davieb2019
Davieb2019 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Ive experienced some serious red tape with regards to getting hold of the list of descriptors for this activity during during PIPs reign and at the times they have assessed and reviewed me, it seems like the most difficult information for the DWP to give a person.  Does anyone know the dates of the Changes to that were made to this descriptor.  Id like to know what the descriptors were before 18th Nov 2016, what they were after that and until between March 2017 Jan 2018 and I would like to know what the descriptors are after Jan 2018 up until now, just for planning and following journeys please, David

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi,

The only difference between the descriptors now are they removed the words "for reasons "other" than overwhelming psychological distress. This meant that before the changes took place if you were claiming for this reason then you wouldn't be able to score points in descriptors C, D and F. This will hopefully explain everything to you. https://medium.com/adviser/pip-mobility-activity-planning-and-following-a-journey-b035ba711ead

This link is the PIP descriptors now and have been since the changes took place. See following and planning a journey in this link.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Davieb2019
    Options
    When I was sent my pip review award, and when I was sent my very first award letter from back in 2014, I scored four points for planning and following journeys and the descriptor they allocated me was in 2014 "you need prompting from another person to undertake"A" journey to avoid causing you significant mental distress and again""you need prompting from another person to undertake "A" journey to avoid causing you significant mental distress.  Everywhere I have looked for this time there is no such descriptor!  Am I going mad or have I been deliberately mislead, Im shaking
  • Davieb2019
    Options
    The other award letter is june 1 2017
  • Davieb2019
    Options
    it says ANY in the descriptors, not "A"
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's the way it's been worded that has got you confused. Mental distress is he same as overwhelming psychological distress, just worded differently. There were no changes made to to activity 11B.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    To add to the information i've already given they are in the process of looking at claims that were decided on or after 28th November 2016. There's no timescales how long this process will take and no face to face assessment is needed, they will just look at your claim again. Once this has been done they will write to you with a decision.

Some people have already been contacted with a decision, myself included but there's thousands of claims to look through so the whole process could take a considerable length of time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.