PiP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP assessment

ruckerdee
ruckerdee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi I received my assessors report today for PIP it's seems they have only awarded me 8 points does anyone know if this means I'm entitled to the standard rate and can the dwp decision maker go against the report?

Comments

• david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    It has to be at least 8 points counting towards a component to be awarded that component, @ruckerdee . "Planning and following journeys" and "Moving around" count towards the Mobility component, all other activities count towards the Daily Living component.

The Decision Maker reviews the report and reaches their own view on entitlement to PIP. In most cases, the DM agrees with the report, but this is not guaranteed.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As david says, it depends where you scored those points.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ruckerdee
    They were all scored on the daily living part. 0 for mobility. 
  • ReviewsANDRights
    ReviewsANDRights Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hey guys,
    i've just started a youtube channel which i hope will help people with there PIP claim!
    Please have a look, Subscribe and share the links on social media!

Thanks Guys!
  • ruckerdee
    Hi guys just a quick update. I was awarded the standard rate for daily living. However I was only backdated 11 weeks when my claim was made in January I phoned them and they agreed the claim was made in Jan. It's gone back to decision maker to see if they can pay from then anyone know how long this takes?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ruckerdee, thank you for updating us and congratulations on getting standard rate for daily living. Unfortunately we cannot predict how long this will take, but I hope it is not too long!
    Scope

• ruckerdee
    I hope so too, I was told it wasn't backdated fully because I was sent a disallowed letter whilst I was waiting for an assessment date. However this was their error as I was awarded my pip so hopefully it's all sorted quickly I'll keep you all updated, has anyone else had this problem?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    What do you mean you were sent a disallowed letter?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @ruckerdee. This sounds very confusing, what was the reason for the disallowed letter? When were you sent it?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ruckerdee
    I was sent a disallowed letter because I was unable to attend my first assessment but I phoned them and they said they would send me a new appointment. When I received the letter I phoned them and they apologised and sent me a new appointment where I was awarded my pip but because of receiving the letter they only backdated from when I got the letter and not from when I started my claim but they did say it sounds like there mistake as I thought I was waiting for my new appointment when the disallowed letter was issued.very weird situation but hopefully it's sorted soon
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ruckerdee, thank you for sharing this. I really hope the new appointment letter comes through soon!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.