Assessor lied. - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor lied.

13»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Great advice @InShock. Thank you! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    twonker said:
    InShock said:
    "I think in all fairness all assessment should be recorded, then both parties are covered"

I agree 100% with this.
    I can understand where you are coming from, but there are many people who would 'freeze' at the thought of being recorded be it audio, video or both. Besides which do we really want to be heading towards police type interviews? The answer I believe it that everyone should be given a choice. You should not force people to undergo a recorded assessment if it would upset them. I would strongly refuse to have any form of recorded interview/assessment for the reason I have mentioned above - I am not a criminal and as such I don't expect to be treated like one.
    But if assessors are not writing dwn what a claimant said and through this they are receiving the wrong result...then measures will have to be taken to prove what was actually said. When truth and lies get mixed up, then how else would we prove it, without a police type recording. We are not criminals if we tell the truth.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.