Hi, my name is cazza2016! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cazza2016!

Options
cazza2016
cazza2016 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My son is autistic and has aspergers  dyspraxia  her is 24 and lost his p.i.p.and I lost my carers allowance  every day he needs constant care the face to face is unfair even with my sons medical history and a copy of statement from education they still turned him down

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @cazza2016. Will you be appealing the decision? We have some information here about how you can go about doing that if it's of any use to you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hello @cazza2016   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to here this. I would appeal any decision. We have lots on our website. I would also speak to CAB. Your local office to help with any appeals.

Please can I also suggest you contact The National Autistic Society for any additional advice and guidance on your son's situation..

They may be able to offer some support. 

Helpline 020 7833 2299

Monday to Thursday 10.00 am to 4pm.

Friday 9am  to 3pm.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members.

Please if you wish to ask about anything please do. We are friendly, supportive.

Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

Wish you well.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cazza2016 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing.  I'm really sorry to hear about the PIP decision.  This seems very unfair and I agree with the others, that you should appeal this decision.  I wish you well with it, but please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  You seem to have a lot going on at home with your son and we can be supportive on the Community should you need us so please give us a shout if there is anything you need.  Here you will find many friendly people who are always available for a chat.  I look forward to seeing you on the Community.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @cazza2016  welcome     :)

Brightness