Homeless - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Homeless

Options
13»

Comments

• TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Its not over till its over. 
    TeddyB. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for your update @TeddyB22! I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had a feeling it would be adjourned because you didn't send what they asked for. You can't really compare yourself to anyone else because we're all affected differently by these conditions and a diagnosis, doesn't mean you're entitled to PIP.

If you have the medical records from those years requested then i'd advise you to go through them as soon as possible and send them to HMCTS. This way you're prepared in case you have another date soon.

Good luck and keep up updated.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    Hi Poppy. 
    I was told at the tribunal not to send them in but to bring them on the day. Seems I'm getting conflicting advice again. I'll have a chat with my representative on Monday. I'm hoping they can see me before the new date is decided. 
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    I finally moved and the stress is high. Having to deep clean the house as it was filthy. I couldn't believe the housing agent let it out in this state. I'm picking up bits of furniture but missing out bc I don't have transport. Haggling is not my strong point. 
    Got a decent deal with Talk Talk so Internet is on its way. 
    Have to get a sick line and attend a work assessment for Universal Credit. That's causing me some anxiety. I feel sorry for anyone who can't use a computer. It's a convuluted and confusing process. 
    Is sunny on and off today. 
    Hope everyone is doing well. 
    Take care, 
    TeddyB

• saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    Options
    @TeddyB22

Hi Teddy good to hear you have finally moved.
    I am sure in time you will have it looking and feeling like home.

As to the furniture and things have you tried gumtree around your area you can pick up lots of great freebies and some times they will even deliver for a small fee....defo worth a look.

Wishing you endless happiness in your new home.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    TeddyB22 said:
    I finally moved and the stress is high. Having to deep clean the house as it was filthy. I couldn't believe the housing agent let it out in this state. I'm picking up bits of furniture but missing out bc I don't have transport. Haggling is not my strong point. 
    Got a decent deal with Talk Talk so Internet is on its way. 
    Have to get a sick line and attend a work assessment for Universal Credit. That's causing me some anxiety. I feel sorry for anyone who can't use a computer. It's a convuluted and confusing process. 
    Is sunny on and off today. 
    Hope everyone is doing well. 
    Take care, 
    TeddyB

I'm glad you finally moved. I have moved into some extremely dirty houses in the past so i know exactly what you feel like here. See it as a positive thing to put your stamp on your home, this is what i've always done in the past. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Same with furniture, it will take time to get the things you need/want but you will eventually get those things.

I picked up my keys for my new house yesterday and i must admit it wasn't the cleanest either. I don't remember it looking that bad when i viewed it. However, i have had permission from my landlord to replace all the carpets, so they have been lifted and removed ready for fitting on Thursday, i'm assuming this caused a huge amount of dust and is most likely the explanation why it's not the cleanest. I don't move in until Saturday, thankfully so i can make sure it's clean before i move in. I have several people helping prepare everything because i'm limited to what i can do.

There's also a list of things the maintenance team from the agency need to come back and do before i move in. I was expecting them yesterday but no one came. I will be chasing them up if no one comes this morning.

I have moved several times in the past 15 years and i've yet to find a home where i can simply "move straight into" without any issues. The joys of renting when you claim benefits :|:/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Glad to hear you're in your new place @TeddyB22, but I can completely empathise about moving into dirty rental properties.

As Poppy said, it'll take some time to make it feel like home, but you might have some luck finding some bits and bobs to furnish it on Freecycle too.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness