DLA PIP increase, Can I apply to be compensated?
I was recently moved over from DLA to PIP, and after much dread, was awarded the enhanced rate, which is great.
I have had DLA since I was a baby, but always though I was wrongly assed, and should have been on higher rate DLV. (was getting High care, low mobility)
I was always scared to change this when I got older, as my sister (has the exact same disabilities as myself) was only receiving lower care and lower mobility.
Now I’ve been moved over to PIP and assed fairly, I was wondering if I would be entitled to ask for the difference between what they paid me, and the higher rate DLA going back for x years as I have obviously been receiving the wrong payment,
My conditions are genetic, and have never changed since birth.
Thanks for any help provided.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 965 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.