Back payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back payment

Options
corkjon123
corkjon123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi guys.
got a letter today to say that I’ve awarded lwrca and it needs to be backdated to 25 months ago!!
will I get the £336 a month that they owe me as my journal says they are holding £998 to see if debt management want to reclaim this back.
should the 25 months owed be paid to me?
appreciate any help with this.
Thanks.
John 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,226 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You will receive the backdated money minus the £998 that they are holding back. If they decide you don't owe any money then the remainder will be paid to you once a decisions been made with debt management. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • corkjon123
    corkjon123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @corkjon123 and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    I'm glad Poppy has been able to help you with this. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ptheshadow
    ptheshadow Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    If you don't hear anything after about 3 weeks, phone U/C & get the number for the debt management team & speak to them, they will help you sort it out.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.