Thank you — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thank you

Options
Dante
Dante Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with advice and support during my transition from DLA to PIP a update having initially been awarded standard for daily living and mobility i won my mandatory review and my daily living was upgraded to enhanced whats more it only took 5 weeks when i expected 10 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Dante. I'm really glad to hear your MR was successful and so speedy. Huge congratulations and I'm glad the community was able to support you! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    fantastic news...especially when we think the MR will be the same as the assessors report. Yeh, great stuff!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's amazing news @Dante! Thank you for updating us! :)
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Brilliant news @Dante! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • mac1976
    mac1976 Community member Posts: 63 Listener
    Options
    Good news I’m just waiting for my pip form to come. I’m on DLA I’m so worried it’s all I can think about. I’m on middle care and low mobility for epilepsy. I don’t think I will qualify this time around after look at the points system. I can’t cook with no one at home I basically don’t use anything that’s hot and can’t bath if alone and never lock the bathroom door. 
    I do need help when I’ve lost bladder control but not sure if that will count. I sometimes get a warning but others don’t. I heard people say they got the mobility points but not the care. If I don’t get it I will just have to manage without it. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    mac1976 said:
    Good news I’m just waiting for my pip form to come. I’m on DLA I’m so worried it’s all I can think about. I’m on middle care and low mobility for epilepsy. I don’t think I will qualify this time around after look at the points system. I can’t cook with no one at home I basically don’t use anything that’s hot and can’t bath if alone and never lock the bathroom door. 
    I do need help when I’ve lost bladder control but not sure if that will count. I sometimes get a warning but others don’t. I heard people say they got the mobility points but not the care. If I don’t get it I will just have to manage without it. 
    Hi, like you I am transitioning from DLA to PIP and yes...it is all consuming!
    But the problems you are having with cooking, bathing, continence are all very valid points. I need help with all these things too and put everything on the claim form.

Have you got help to fill the form in? I had help from a benefits advisor. Had my f2f recently and didnt get a feeling either way how it will go. All up in the air.
    Good luck with your`s. xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.