Not answering phone and cutting phone off on purpose — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not answering phone and cutting phone off on purpose

DianeMartin7
DianeMartin7 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Same story as already reported on here. PIP phone line Calderdale not answering the phone then answering and cutting the call off. Also Staff said they are not allowed to ring back. there is no online form.   This is abuse and neglect of disabled people by stopping them making a call. Then the compliants number is the same number which of course no one answers.         This need publicity and the person responsible serving a jail term

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DianeMartin7 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for pointing this out to us.  Yes, it is not an efficient or good way to work and can understand your frustrations with PIP.  When I have phoned DWP in the past at times the same thing has happened to me.  All I would suggest is you maybe keep try phoning them although I know this can be both time consuming and frustrating.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on with regards to PIP and if you need any further help/support then please let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DianeMartin7 and welcome to the community! It is annoying when they don't answer, but eventually they do - my Mum had to ring them on my behalf this week and she had been trying to get through to them for 3 hours (not in one day, but over a few days). I really hope they answer the next time you ring them!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    I often find the best time to telephone these people is as soon as they open, less busy then/
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DianeMartin7, did you manage to get through to them? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.