Just got my report back. zero points. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just got my report back. zero points.

Options
roxieb88
roxieb88 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Looks can be deceiving! Fort the pip assessor was lovely. But apparently that was all pretence. There's a few lies on there.
Apparently because I can sit on a chair without screaming I can do everything. Honestly so shocked. Cant deal with these types of people anymore. I only applied because i was told to, I didn't want to because I knew all it was gunna do, is make me feel worse and low and behold. Its hard enough for me to tell the doctor when I'm in agony with my back n hip or how I'm feeling with my mental health, makes me feel like a complete nuisance. So it was even harder to talk to people like the assessors etc. So now, even tho I explained everthing they've gone n made me feel like I'm completely over exaggerating n shouldnt of bothered them.
I dunno what to do now?

Comments

• KnobblyKnees
    KnobblyKnees Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    It makes me wonder how they sleep at night. Having crossed swords with 2 Atos 'doctors' in the past for my ESA assessments I learnt my lesson and insisted on recording my PIP assessment, still waiting for my report which I presume will read much the same as yours as now the ESA have insisted on assessing me again. The assessor seemed lovely too but I bet she claimed I did the fandango and cartwheeled around the room, beat her at an arm wrestle and and skipped out the door singing " I'm in the money. ". Appeal as soon as possible, don't let them get you down. When I returned my first PIP form the DWP claimed weeks later it hadn't arrived until I stated I got a proof of posting receipt then suddenly it turned up the very same day, then the first assessor didn't turn up and the 2nd one parked her car so close to the entrance I had to walk down an incline causing me extreme pain. They'll do anything to avoid paying out a few measly quid to genuine claimants, so you're not alone. Best of luck!
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Dont give up....you can ask for an MR...mandatory reconsideration...you have a month to do it from getting your result. These often fail too, and then you go to tribunal. Very few MRs disagree with the assessors report..some do though!

I am awaiting my decision and if it`s not what I feel I should get, I will do MR and tribunal if necessary.
  • roxieb88
    roxieb88 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Thanku both! I just rang them. Spoke to a lovely lady ended up having a break down over the phone. She said she'll give me ten weeks to supply more medical evidence too cuz at the moment I haven't had much as I'm waiting for apts. But she told me to get a letter from the doctor explaining my daily needs n from my partner. Everything as been building up for so long think this just pushed me over the edge. Crying over the phone to some poor woman was not how that was supposed to go. So embarrassing. Xx
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    roxieb88 said:
    Thanku both! I just rang them. Spoke to a lovely lady ended up having a break down over the phone. She said she'll give me ten weeks to supply more medical evidence too cuz at the moment I haven't had much as I'm waiting for apts. But she told me to get a letter from the doctor explaining my daily needs n from my partner. Everything as been building up for so long think this just pushed me over the edge. Crying over the phone to some poor woman was not how that was supposed to go. So embarrassing. Xx
    I can really see how it made you break down. I cried at them too, when they cancelled my f2f for the 2nd time.
    We just cant cope with all this stress. But keep at it chuck. xxx
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @roxieb88   Pleased to meet you sorry to hear about your assessment.

Please can I suggest  look on our website for advice and guidance.

You will need to do an MR.

Please can I also advise get some support with your Appeal. Consider speaking to CAB your local office.

I  would think about asking for help with any mental health issues you have. 

I would look at charities. I used this one last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Get floating support or an outreach worker.  Help and advice , guidance on your well being. Benefit advice and support.

Might not be in all areas.

I would look add MIND website as well. Could be useful and helpful to cope with your issues and other problems.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

Helpline 0300 123 3393.

Please if we can with anything please get in touch.

Only too happy to be supportive.

I am one of the community champions of the forum. Only too glad to be listening.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Many thanks for the info spiceman 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @roxieb88, I am sorry to hear you didn't score any points. I imagine this came as a shock and has had an impact on you emotionally. 

Here is some more information about the appeal process. If you have any further questions then please do let us know. :)

Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.