Compliance Interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance Interview

Options
ACS
ACS Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, 

My husband is a recipient of income-related ESA, he is in the Support Group and receives PIP. I am his designated carer and receive Carers' Allowance. 

We have recently got a letter from the DWP regarding a 'Compliance Interview'. I was under the impression that interaction with DWP personnel was optional for members of the Support Group. Can anyone clarify the policy on this? 

I have tried to contact the Compliance Officer but the phone number is inactive and the JCP phone operators were unable to get hold of them either. 

Any guidance would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

ACS

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    Support group esa claimants are always on receiving end of re medical and looked at x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Those In the support group do not have to attend any work focused interviews but this is a compliance interview which is completely different. It means that they are checking your benefits and you will have to attend this interview otherwise your benefits could stop. I’d advise you to ring the number on the letter Monday morning and ask what it’s about and they may give you more information. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ACS, were you able to ring and get more information? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.