Three questions - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Three questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rebel11, were you expecting this to happen? If you are unsure if the dates are mixed up then I would recommend ringing them to get this clarified. :) 
    Scope

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,639 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Chloe_Scope

Yes on the 'Support Group' bit, but no on the dates; on the last page it says 'the amounts on this page apply from 8 October 2019 to 25 November 2019. 

Normally it would be a year. I might get a letter around 25th Nov with a year. I might be wrong, lets see. 

If they find out that I can lift the telephone receiver for a few minutes and speak they might order another pointless assessment which was a total waste of time;

I spent a couple of days filling in the ESA50 with so much detail and my doctor spent 2 minutes filling in the form he received; but he put the wrong information in the wrong section so all my conditions made me fit for work. 

Thanks for responding.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    rebel11 said:
    Hi Chloe_Scope

Yes on the 'Support Group' bit, but no on the dates; on the last page it says 'the amounts on this page apply from 8 October 2019 to 25 November 2019. 

Normally it would be a year. I might get a letter around 25th Nov with a year. I might be wrong, lets see. 

If they find out that I can lift the telephone receiver for a few minutes and speak they might order another pointless assessment which was a total waste of time;

I spent a couple of days filling in the ESA50 with so much detail and my doctor spent 2 minutes filling in the form he received; but he put the wrong information in the wrong section so all my conditions made me fit for work. 

Thanks for responding.

This happens everytime and worries every single person. It has nothing to do with the length of your award and it doesn't mean you'll only receive your money until November. It's purely because of the Christmas bonus and nothing more. Support Group award is always ongoing but you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rebel11
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thanks Poppy123456

Everything the DWP is confusing; I got about 7 letters from the DWP on the same day, when they could have put everything in a single A4 sheet. It's all designed to create 'stress and anxiety', when there is no need to do so. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Yes indeed, there's nothing straight forward with DWP and the ESA letters are the most confusing of all. Great news about the Support Group decision by the way!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope @poppy123456 has been able to answer your question. :)
    Scope

• rebel11
    Options
    I hope @poppy123456 has been able to answer your question. :)
    Hi Chloe_Scope
    Yes, I'll wait until the end November, what we know for fact is that the DWP love to send letters, so they'll send something, Let's wait and see.
    Many Thanks.  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ESA Support Group is ongoing this means you won't receive another letter at the end of November because it will just continue.
  • rebel11
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ESA Support Group is ongoing this means you won't receive another letter at the end of November because it will just continue.
    Could be; but they might send one to say it continues from 26th November 2019 - to 25th November 2020. Under normal circumstances I would intervene. The DWP doesn't fill me with confidence.

O/T If I need to act I do, an example, 
    I've been with an energy company for less then a month, I gave them a reading on 27th Sept - 3,000, on 11th Oct it was still 3,000, on 12th Oct they manually changed it to 16,000. On 14th Oct I contacted the CEO of the company, it's back to 3,000; I've already contacted OFGEM. I was speaking to them about my previous supplier. All energy sapping, but it has to be done.    
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, they never send more letters because as advised, ESA is ongoing and ESA award letters never had dates on them because you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.

The only reason why that letter has a date on it is because of the Christmas bonus and that's why it confuses everyone. You can of course ring to ask for a letter but it will tell you you're in the support group for an ongoing period and it will not state a date.

• rebel11
    Options
    No, they never send more letters because as advised, ESA is ongoing and ESA award letters never had dates on them because you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.

The only reason why that letter has a date on it is because of the Christmas bonus and that's why it confuses everyone. You can of course ring to ask for a letter but it will tell you you're in the support group for an ongoing period and it will not state a date.

At random previous letters state 10th April 2018 to 26th November 2018 and
    9th April to 25th November 2019.

• poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, that will be the annual letters that everyone receives yearly in April, note the usual November cut off date in each of those letters.
  • rebel11
    Options
    But April to November isn't annual.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    April is the annual benefit increases for some benefits, which is why they send letters around that time. November is the date of the cut off period for the Christmas bonus and for 1 week there's 10 extra. This is why the letter only state until this date but there won't be another letter sent after that.

I'm sorry i can't give you any further advice, it's just the way ESA works and the odd way those letters are always worded.

You can ring and ask how long your award is for but that just a guide because they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. To be honest, i never ring to ask how long for my claim because the work capability assessment form can come through the door at anytime.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.