Pip backdating? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip backdating?

Kay2512
Kay2512 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi,
I won my appeal on Monday (14/10/19) after my dla payments were stopped (24/10/17) almost 2 years ago.
I’m now reading conflicting things on backdating.. could someone help clear it up for me? 
I didn’t receive a penny from 24/10/17 onwards, however I’m seeing in some places that as it was a migration from dla to pip, no backdated payments will be made? 
Does this mean that despite my pip claim being dated 24/04/17 when I was asked to move over, I will only be paid as of 14/10/19 when I won the appeal?

super confused & nervous now!

Please help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news! You will receive backdated money from when your DLA stopped and not from when you started your PIP claim, this is because when you started your PIP claim you were still receiving DLA. Backdated money can take 2-8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Kay2512, in about 8 weeks or so you should receive a letter giving you all the details of monies owing sand the start date of your now regular pip payments. Any money paid that is owed will not  affect any other benefits for 12 months even if you are over the limit, other members with more benefits knowledge will be able to advise better.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on winning your appeal! I hope the advice above has helped. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.