PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

Pip backdating?

Kay2512Kay2512 Member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi,
I won my appeal on Monday (14/10/19) after my dla payments were stopped (24/10/17) almost 2 years ago.
I’m now reading conflicting things on backdating.. could someone help clear it up for me? 
I didn’t receive a penny from 24/10/17 onwards, however I’m seeing in some places that as it was a migration from dla to pip, no backdated payments will be made? 
Does this mean that despite my pip claim being dated 24/04/17 when I was asked to move over, I will only be paid as of 14/10/19 when I won the appeal?

super confused & nervous now!

Please help 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news! You will receive backdated money from when your DLA stopped and not from when you started your PIP claim, this is because when you started your PIP claim you were still receiving DLA. Backdated money can take 2-8 weeks.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,263 Disability Gamechanger
    @Kay2512, in about 8 weeks or so you should receive a letter giving you all the details of monies owing sand the start date of your now regular pip payments. Any money paid that is owed will not  affect any other benefits for 12 months even if you are over the limit, other members with more benefits knowledge will be able to advise better.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on winning your appeal! I hope the advice above has helped. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.