PIP Update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Update

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So my Son called the DWP for me and asked about what was happening with my claim (it was a review) the lady said it can take up to 12 weeks atm but when my Son said it had taken 18 weeks so far she went off and started looking into it all, she came back to him and said that the DM has contacted my medical centre for more info because there is a dispute with the assessors report? She said the Medical Centre's holding it up because they've been asked twice for info and haven't responded, so my Son called the medical centre who said they are aware of it and they are waiting for a GP to sort it out.

This has spiked my anxiety and made me worry :/

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @WF2k, I'm sorry it has taken such a long time, and that this has affected your anxiety. Is there anything we could do to help?
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    Thank you for responding @Chloe_Scope

If you can remove my anxiety and worry that would be awesome! lol.

I don't know? I just know it's having a really big knock on effect to my mental and physical health.

• Chloe_Scope
    I'm sorry it's having such a big affect. I know it is easier said than done but please try take some time out for yourself and be easy on yourself. It's not an easy process to go through and you are doing great. :)
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Anytime @WF2k, we're always here. :)
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    Hey @Chloe_Scope are there any links on the site that give advice about MR's for PIP, please? Not that I know how to explain about my mental health but still.

It turns out that even though the decision maker messed me around for six months and also bothered my GP for information that he's still gone along with the assessors report/recommendation, which means I've been dropped from enhanced in both to standard when nothing has changed since the first assessment apart from being diagnosed with FM, it's pretty disgusting really.

I tried the search feature but it comes up with stuff that isn't helpful and I don't want to post a fresh thread because I'm not keen on a few of the people that respond on this site, they make my anxiety worse which is why I very rarely post on here now (no offence, just being honest).

Thanks in advance
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger

To add more advice, you need to put the request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Mentioning any lies or contradictions that may have been told in the report will not help your claim for the MR or Tribunal, if it gets to that stage and most do.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @WF2k, that's okay! We can help you on this thread. :)

I hope the links @poppy123456 has provided are helpful.

Here is the MR article we have on the Scope website
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @WF2k, I'm really sorry that despite seeing the discrepancies, the decision maker still went with the assessment report. 

I hope you don't mind me adding another link but this is quite a useful guide as well: https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal.

Best of luck and please let us know if we can do anything else to support you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    @Chloe_Scope @Adrian_Scope Just an update and I'm a bit mind boggled but hopeful, last week someone put a complaint into the DWP on my behalf due to a few different reasons, even though it states that I struggled to use the phone in the complaint the a manager still called *shrugs* anyway, during the conversation I find out after asking what was the point in asking my GP for information and ignoring it that the award I've been given isn't final, apparently not only did Capita ask for information from my GP but so did the case manager and it's the case manager who is waiting on the information from the GP, the person I spoke to said that they had to award me something because my award was ending in November? He also said that there was a note on my case saying that the case manager would look at my case again in two weeks to see if she's received the information that she's asked for.

The problem is now, I'm having to chase the medical centre up again to see what information they've actually sent back and who to, they aren't exactly helpful :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    @justdon Yeah, I've been very stressed since they contacted me in 2017 about ESA! I just want to be left alone, I'm no better and all they are succeeding in doing is making me worse.

Thank you, I've emailed the practice manager about it to see if she can tell me what was requested exactly.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry can’t add anything helpful but, “I just want to be left alone”, I can totally resonate with that. Whenever I get the brown envelope my heart sinks! I wish they would just leave me to get better, as I have been slowly improving over the last months, but when I have to deal with this stuff it makes my health worse again!

(Yes I do understand they need to do assessments to make sure we are still eligible for benefits, it is just that the way they do it is unnecessarily stressful.)
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    @justdon true. I've just gotten the decision letter and omg, she's literally just gone along with the report... it doesn't seem like she's read any evidence or checked the previous assessors report? I'm pretty peeved to say the least and if she doesn't change anything once she gets the GP's info then I'm be doing an MR, I'm not having someone tell lies about me.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    Yeap way too much of it to happen for it to be an error, she's also left me with not much money until November 14th.. not sure how I'm going to pay certain bills :/ 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2019
    Ahhhh!!!!!! This is causing me so much stress and I don't really know why because I was expecting my award to be dropped after reading the report, I think it's because they are discrediting my mental health problems and haven't fully understood the nature of both my mental health and physical health problems. I didn't sleep very well due to it and I've been feeling very low, fed up, like I'm being called a liar.

Also, am I right in thinking, if my new award started on the 14th of October 2019 and your PIP is paid in arrears, don't they owe me at least three weeks money from my original award which I assume ended the same day they started the new award? In the letter she claims I've been paid money and I'll get a letter about it but I never did because it was recalled by the DWP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.