My PIP Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP Assessment

Options
markyboy
markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
Just had my PIP face to face not what i really wanted at 68 years old but there you are these things are sent to try us.
I can honestly say this is the third one i have had over the years i have been claiming and the Assessor who came to my home which i did not specifically ask for was very understanding  and sympathetic to my daily struggles and was a credit to her profession i just hope now the outcome is positive.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,034 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck. Don't forget you can ring DWP in about a week to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    Can you tell me when would any new award be payable from as my existing  award has an end date in December and my new claim was started in September
    If i was to be awarded a higher rate would that come in to effect at the end of my existing award or from when i started my new claim 
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Options
    Backdated if you win or entitled to pip still and from that date also
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,034 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    markyboy said:
    Can you tell me when would any new award be payable from as my existing  award has an end date in December and my new claim was started in September
    If i was to be awarded a higher rate would that come in to effect at the end of my existing award or from when i started my new claim 
    If you're awarded it will be from the date of the decision, unless you reported a change of circumstances. If you're not awarded and a decision is made before your award ends then your payments will stop from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.