What makes you smile on a bad day? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What makes you smile on a bad day?

13»

Comments

• KnobblyKnees
    KnobblyKnees Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    edited October 2019
    Haha. @Adrian_Scope the only other thing that cheers me up is when Arsenal lose.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    She is beautiful, @chiarieds:smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I booked five tickets to a musical in London this Wednesday. We are going to watch Mary Poppins the musical. I cannot wait! 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Comedy makes me smile on a bad day. I like watching old episodes of QI, Have I Got News For You, Mock The Week, etc.

Also if I see a nice car, while out on the road myself, or wherever, that makes me smile!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What a beautiful cat @chiarieds!!

I hope you have a great time tomorrow @April2018mom, you must tell us all about it! :)

They all sound great @66Mustang, I love comedy and find Dara O'Briain very funny indeed!

That is so lovely to hear @mrbuttons, we love a story like that too. It's really important to show both sides and I hope yours goes well too. :)

He sounds lovely @justdon, thank you for sharing. Family can be so important when going through a tough time. I am glad you have them there. :)
    Scope

• April2018mom
    My son took his first ever steps alone today in his first ever PT session this afternoon! I was in the room watching him. And I almost sobbed joyfully. 

So I took a quick video on my phone of him moving with a walker for three minutes on his own without stopping. It was amazing. His new physical therapist almost cried with happiness. For someone who is a true paraplegic this is enormous progress. It was one of the few things I never expected him to be able to do independently ever. 
  • yasmin
    yasmin Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I have a long list of things that make me really happy,they are as follows:

1. Praying & being grateful  to God.
    2. My health.
    3. My parents & family.
    4. Spending time in nature & enjoying my walks.
    5. Tidying up & organising my house.
    6. Enjoy cooking. 
    7. Watching & reading  famous people's autobiographies.
    8. Last but not the least I enjoy watching my Pakistani dramas.

So,my dear fellows,you live only once,live it to the fullest.

I wish I could contribute more by helping many less privileged people in the society.

Let us all try to make this world a better place to live in.

God help us all!

Kind regards. 

• [Deleted User]
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @yasmin - Thank you for sharing; you remind us what we should be most grateful for in the first ones on your list.

You could look at donating to Scope, or other charities dear to your heart, should you wish to help other people facing difficulties. I donate to a local hospice & 'Water Aid' for example....they might be small amounts each month, but if everyone did something similar what a difference we could make!

When our son decided he was going to close his secondhand bookshop, he gave as many books as he could to the local Scope shop over several weeks....the rest were given to 'Help the Heroes.' There are so many ways to give, to help others.

Any donation, however small, may help another.

I also believe that this community is truly trying to help others, so I am grateful for that. As you say 'Let us all try to make this world a better place to live in.'
  • April2018mom
    What a beautiful cat @chiarieds!!

I hope you have a great time tomorrow @April2018mom, you must tell us all about it! :)

They all sound great @66Mustang, I love comedy and find Dara O'Briain very funny indeed!

That is so lovely to hear @mrbuttons, we love a story like that too. It's really important to show both sides and I hope yours goes well too. :)

He sounds lovely @justdon, thank you for sharing. Family can be so important when going through a tough time. I am glad you have them there. :)
    Will do! 
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Being told I would never amount to anything and dead by 25 as socially inept.
    rocking 40 plus years two children and a stable relationship in the 15-20 year bracket.
    Careful to be vague so as not to be identified.
    oh and the Pratt’s trying to offer me advice and patting themselves on the back from years ago.

I Did it MY Way 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @Adrian_Scope I love the outside too, we have a beautiful park near where we live and I've started using it more on my good days ?
  • Tammyjane33
    @WhileIBreathIHope good on you ?you've proved people that doubted you were wrong. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @April2018mom that's fantastic news, I can only imagine how happy this has made you as I don't have children. Well done to your little one too. 
  • April2018mom
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    this is an old thread, lots of good things that make people happy, i love reading Terry Pratchett books the discworld series is just so funny, shame he is no longer with us

Brightness